oldsmobuick
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello,
    I can't seem to figure out how to send a PM, so but my email address in a "conversation "
    Hello,
    I'm look for an article from 3/83 entitled: Transformerless Amplifiers.
    It would be great if if you could help me out.

Thanks,
    Joe Y
    Would a trade interest you? I have an Infinity Black Widow tonearm still in the box. Never opened, never removed from packaging. Photos available upon request. Could sweeten the deal with some odd bits I've got but the Tonearm, since it is new, should be worth the $450.00. Could do the swap at Frankenfest.
    There are a bunch of good threads on restoring the 8802 but none are really a good tutorial... Most of the work is simply replacing parts, with a few items that can be upped in value (coupling capacitors up to .1uf and .01uf from .47uf and .047uf) to improve low end performance. Most of these amps require a two 390 ohm resistors if they are not being used with the original preamp/tuner. If you search for 390 ohm and magnavox on google you will find a bunch of helpful threads. The most confusing mod is wiring the pilot light winding on the power transformer to buck the voltage down, but even that is pretty easy.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom