Recent content by Omegaspeedy

1. Omegaspeedy

Hi oscar, it was a while ago now and I've since sold it to a very happy new owner. If you take...

Hi oscar, it was a while ago now and I've since sold it to a very happy new owner. If you take the lid off, and locate the RAC jacks, follow the circuit back to the first little capacitor. I think it's dark green by memory but could be wrong. It's a tiny tear drop shaped thing. Just snip one leg...
  2. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Thanks guys. I might put it on the Back burner as my Pioneer TX-8500II has turned up. It's in mint condition but doesn't quite have the bass impact and tonal density of the Kenwood. Still a very cool beast. Cheers James.
  3. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Cheers Warren, I'll do exactly as you recommend and see. Fingers crossed. I see that Cg31 (the cap that seemed involved) feeds into chip ICg3? Could that chip be receiving some unstable volts from upwind?
  4. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Grrrrrrr! back to square one. Took much longer this time to start faulting. As there are no techs down here it's going to have to live with the bridge across C31! Obviously some other component is screwed and down wind of C31. When are some of you guys going to retire in NZ?:)
  5. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Cheers Warren and guys, it's all fixed now. New cap installed today and holding in strong and clear. Great bass and body to the music. This is an awesome tuner. Thanks James.
  6. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Hi Warren, it's two thirty seven in the afternoon.
  7. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Hi Warren, I just did it and it was very close. Thanks again for the help. James.
  8. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Thanks Warren, I'll give it a go:) Regards James
  9. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Thanks Warren. The failure was observed by myself over a 20min period. It was receiving with no problems and sounding excellent. It has never fallen out of stereo in the past and the unit is in excellent condition. With such a sudden failure, could it be an alignment problem?? With such a...
  10. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Progress!! After spraying some cold gas on the individual components, the pulsations stopped and stereo resumed. It was random and hard to identify the actual component but I knew what area it was. There were several low value disc caps in this area so I shorted a few to bypass them (as these...
  11. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

definitely not atmospheric conditions. It has gone crazy whilst in it's degraded mono state noe. It's pulsating or modulating rapidly now. The mute function gets rid of the modulations but it stays in mono:( Will try the cool spray but I think component failure is imminent. Wonder if its a cap...
  12. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Come on down and set up!!:yes: You only have to put up with our short summers and looong winters! Thanks for the advice re the MPX switch. Before I went to bed last night, I plugged it back in again and started timing to see how long it would take to loose stereo. After 20min the stereo...
  13. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Thanks albireo13, that sounds like a rest start:) I'll report back. Cheers James.
  14. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Sadly after excellent service of my KT-7300 which I am very fond of, suddenly whilst I was watch it, the stereo light became intermittent then ceased glowing. It gets great reception now in mono only. When I turn it off then on again, the stereo light shines for a few seconds. If I leave it...
  15. Omegaspeedy

What brought you back to vinyl, or why did you never leave?

My first experience with vinyl put me off it for a few years. A Project RPM 5, Denon 130r and Tubebox phonostage sounded crap! Bad compliance, mis-matched phonostage, lack of knowledge on my behalf with proper set-up, expensive vinyl. It was out the door within a few months. I knew one day I'd...
Back
Top Bottom