Recent content by opr3909

1. O

My Revox B 760 tuner fix up project

Yes, I have changed all the electrolytic capacitors on the power supply board as well as the local oscillator board. The voltages from the power supply are all O.K. but the problem is still there. Maybe , I will try rcs16's suggestion to see if there is anything wrong in the phase detector etc...
  2. O

My Revox B 760 tuner fix up project

I have also owned a Revox B760 tuner for many years. It suddenly broke down last month and no radio stations could be received. Having got the schematic in hand, I started to troubleshoot it and found the following 3 strange phenomena in the Local Oscillator Board:- (1) At 87.50 Mhz, the tuning...
  3. O

Revox B760

I have also owned a Revox B760 tuner for many years. It suddenly broke down last month and no radio stations could be received. Having got the schematic in hand, I started to troubleshoot it and found the following 3 strange phenomena in the Local Oscillator Board:- (1) At 87.50 Mhz, the tuning...
  4. O

McIntosh MC-240 Restoration

This forum is great for it provides detailed information about the restoration of a piece of MC-240 in a new chassis. Unfortunately, all the pictures provided by the author were removed.
  5. O

General Info on TEAC X-1000R RTR

jan, you are very helpful. My sincere thanks.
  6. O

General Info on TEAC X-1000R RTR

Replacement PB and Record heads for Teac X1000R During calibration of my Teac X1000R, I find that both the playback and record heads are a little worn out. Can I replace them by those orange playback and record heads originally manufactured for Teac X2000R? Are they direct drop-in's? Thank...
  7. O

Calibration of playback level in Teac X1000R

Thank you again jan. I now come to understand that it is only a difference of +3dB adjustment. With this in mind, I can go ahead with my calibration of my X1000R recorder.
  8. O

Thank you jan. I know you are an expert on reel to reel. Maybe, I did not present clearly in my previous message. The original test signal recorded on the MRL calibration tape having a fluxivity of 250 nWb/m is 1 kHz -10dB. The probelem is how to use this 1 kHz -10dB signal on the test tape to...
  9. O

I must thank vintage TX for his clear instructions on how to lube the mechanism and replace the capstan drive belt in a Teac X1000R recorder. I followed his instructions and have successfully brought my X1000R back to life. So far I have performed some adjustments mentioned in the service...
Back
Top Bottom