Recent content by organicdonut

1. organicdonut

NAD D3020 Powers On, No Audio Output

My audio hoard is shrinking and the NAD D3020 I've been using for my home desktop system just stopped outputting sound. It powers on, toggles inputs fine, but I can't get any output regardless of input. I've tried resetting it and updating the firmware, but still no luck. I've done some repair...
  2. organicdonut

Tiny Tuner for a Topping Class D-Amp?

Picked up a Parasound TDQ150 the other day and will see how it works. Thanks for all the great suggestions!
  3. organicdonut

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm leaning toward the Realistic Stereo Modules and the KLH radio. We have a vintage look going on. The Amazon Echo Dot would work, but I don't like the idea of Amazon listening in on everything.
  4. organicdonut

Is there a similar and less expensive tuner like the Pro-Ject Tuner Box? I have a Topping Class D amp on a bedroom dresser and would like a similar tuner to go with it. Space is limited, and I've considered just using my iPhone with streaming radio, but I'd rather have a dedicated tuner that I...
  5. organicdonut

Replacement ALPS Rotary Encoder for NAD 7600?

Nothing yet. So far, I don't think any other NAD tuners or receivers used this part either. It's not in the 4300 tuner or the 7400 receiver. Mouser has a bunch of inexpensive rotary tuners, but I don't think there's a direct replacement.
  6. organicdonut

Replacement ALPS Rotary Encoder for NAD 7600?

I took delivery of a NAD 7600 today and it arrived with a damaged tuning knob, which then broke off at the shaft of the ALPS rotary encoder, part number FSER4-5 and reference number 16E27 in the service manual. Not sure what a modern replacement would be. Any suggestions?
  7. organicdonut

NAD 3155 Protection Mode

I've got a NAD 3155 that goes into protection mode after a few seconds of playing music. If I turn up the volume just slightly, protection mode kicks in for a few seconds. It's intermittent. Where is the protection circuit? What parts should I replace? Can't see any obvious burned components.
  8. organicdonut

Euro Preamp (220V) with US Gear?

No voltage switch on the back. It came with a plug adapter only. I'll get a step-up transformer and see how that works. Thanks!
  9. organicdonut

I have a Euro to US plug adapter, and using that, the preamp works only through the headphone jack. I can't get it to pass a signal to a US-wired amp. So I need to get a step down transformer?
  10. organicdonut

Can I use a preamp wired for 220V with an amp wired for 120V if I used a step down transformer for the preamp?
  11. organicdonut

NAD 3020 Replacement Balance Pot Source?

I need to do more troubleshooting. This is the second early 3020 that I've recapped but has this problem, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Right channel is noticeably weaker. Turning the balance knob about a 1/4 to the right helps even out the sound. It also looks like this amp was worked...
  12. organicdonut

NAD 3020 Replacement Balance Pot Source?

Anyone know if Mouser or DigiKey has a replacement balance pot for the 3020? Tried cleaning the one in a new project NAD 3020 without any luck. Weak in the right channel, even when the balance is turned all the way over to the right. Turning the pot is rough, too, not smooth. Thanks!
  13. organicdonut

Sony SS M3s ... Man These Are Nice Little Speakers!

I had a pair, then we moved and they no longer had a space. Sold them. Bought them back. Then just sold them this winter. Wonderful speakers. Glad you like them!
  14. organicdonut

A Big Thank You to Organicdonut

Thanks for the great transaction and feedback!
Back
Top Bottom