Recent content by outlawmws

1. outlawmws

Aleene's tacky glue disappointment.

All my surrounds were dry the next day. Its about following the process. If you don't, don't expect professional results.
  2. outlawmws

Aleene's tacky glue disappointment.

do you know if that dries flexble? if it does I could have other uses for it.
  3. outlawmws

KLH model 22

I liked a pair of AR 8B speakers from 83-85 at work. I had a Sansui, 551 receiver (Maybe 15W?) driving them. Very nice. in the MBR I have a pair of Boston CR-6 2 way bookshelf speakers, but they needed help on the bottom end so I added a KLH Basebrite II, "Sub" it only goes to 45Hz so...
  4. outlawmws

It's a love shack... (or I love the smell of napalm in the morning! )

Glad to see this thread brought back to life after 18-1/2 years give or take!
  5. outlawmws

Grado Hum Database

Ground loops can cause hum: Do you have a separate ground wire for the audio? Make sure the TT is plugged in I'm assuming it's vintage and not a polarized plug; so try reversing the power plug, both on the TT and the amp. if the TT is plugged into the amp, you may need to try it twice as you...
  6. outlawmws

Grado Hum Database

Un-plugged how? Power? Audio? Ground? All three?
  7. outlawmws

"New" (To me) TEAC X2000 R2R

A little finger dragging on the Ummm "Feed" reel straightens out the tracking nicely. draging brakes were also mentioned. Again if the take up reel were draging a tiny bit, might that cause the feed reel to not have sufficient "drag"? How does one measure pinch roller pressure? :scratch2:
  8. outlawmws

The brakes dragging is a definite possibility. If the takeup reel brake was draging, then that might give the appearance of not enough back tension right? :scratch2:
  9. outlawmws

Both pinch rollers appear to be making contact with athority.
  10. outlawmws

Definitly not the issue.
  11. outlawmws

Don't know what sort of speakers to look for

Don't post links like that, you will get his thread moved to D&S. tell him to "search for" and which CL area, but don't do the links... :nono: Quick edit?
  12. outlawmws

Don't know what sort of speakers to look for

That could e a very good score. Original Advents were made for a number of years and with several driver combos. Which did you get? Is the woofer an all steel basket? Or does it have the masonite ring? Is the tweeter a dome, or the orange "fried egg" tweeter? While you are waiting for...
  13. outlawmws

I know vinyl can sound good, but not this good.

It the part they remove "that you will never miss!" :nono: Dr Bose: Keeps telling people what good sound is so they "expect it" (psycho accoutics) :thumbsdn: Steve Jobs: Gave the music industry the technical "Coup de Gras" :thumbsdn:
  14. outlawmws

Yep, all the "Rolling stock" was oiled as per the Mfg instructions (I also got the owners manal, schematics, and an Info Suplement), and all roll freely.
  15. outlawmws

Years of watching for a decent deal for a 10” R2R and it comes to me for free! The Good news: It's about as pristine as you can expect. Original owner gave it to me because "it won't move the tape reels". It was kept under a dust cover and not abused. One volume control knob has a scratch...
Back
Top Bottom