Recent content by par4n1

1. P

Advice needed for B&W Center Channel speaker

I've searched and read many times over all the information I could locate on the web for my center channel set up for over a week before asking the question. On this site the same question was asked and I read where timber to most is not all that noticeable when selecting a center speaker but to...
  2. P

Whats the best center channel speaker for my B&W 802 S2

I've searched and read many times over all the information I could locate on the web for my center channel set up for over a week before asking the question. On this site the same question was asked and I read where timber to most is not all that noticeable when selecting a center speaker but to...
  3. P

Very excited to share my find today

Oh it wasn't that hard back in the day going to the record shop for me was the thing to do. Now it isn't an original pressing but it is a gem to me all the same. In 1972 my county opened a mall so the family went to check out the buzz. When we got there they were playing a record thru mall...
  4. P

Thanks for the cheap fix (I'm reaching for my screwdriver now) As far as stands go I will prob do a DYI to some original specs. I know these things are keeping me up late tonight. Thanks for the reply
  5. P

What TT's do you folks have

I only have one and its a Sansui XR Q5
  6. P

Thanks Mr. Pig. I will platter up a little Pink Floyd album I've waited 30 years to unwrap and raise a glass... Big man Pig man Ha ha...…...
  7. P

Thanks Gordon I will get some stands, get the speakers away from the wall and have a listen. I can say I hear the mids and highs much more then the woofers. Perhaps its the way I have my speaker wires bridged. In reading the web I may have eliminated my crossovers. At this moment I am running a...
  8. P

Thanks for the reply. I often wondered listening to others describe their music how they could possibly hear so much in the same songs I listen to. Sort of like when we read a menu and strain to see the selection.....then you borrow some reading glasses and WOW!! That's what I am experiencing...
  9. P

Thanks so much. I did keep me up at night on more then one occasion asking the question "What If" and last night I was up thinking " I cant believe I got them"
  10. P

I do have Pioneer Elite M91 amp I could use but Im not too sure if running two separate of different model amps would create listening havoc
  11. P

Thanks for the reply Zonker. I'll google the electrolytics issue to see if I can determine if mine have dried out. Perhaps that's learned when listening to the speakers or opening up the speakers. Ive wondered if I should check the internal solder connections anyway
  12. P

For the last 20 yrs I've passed by a set of B&W 802 II while working in a old warehouse basement. I tried a few years ago to locate the owner and last year emailed the property management in hopes of locating a contact. Today I went back to inspect and I was greeted by a man who said are you the...
  13. P

My new Sansui G6000 has an issue

Thanks Rob, I will do that and keep my fingers crossed Marc
  14. P

My new Sansui G6000 has an issue

This is my first vintage stereo receiver I have owned and it has an issue. The left channel works fine in mono or stereo but the right channel while in stereo mode has 5% of the left channels output. Both power meters register the same and increase when the volume increases. When in mono mode...
Back
Top Bottom