Recent content by Parabellum27

1. Parabellum27

Upgrade / sidestep to PMC twenty5.23i, any thoughs?

Hello, I currently own a pair of Dynaudio Focus 260. I really love them. But recent changes in the amplifier department makes me think of another solution like the 25.23i. I will try to be as concise as possible for the readers. I purchased a Yamaha A-S2200 maybe two months ago. This was to...
  2. Parabellum27

DIY Sansui AU-717 AU-517 binding post adapter

Or lazy, for that matter. I would look for someone else to do my repair/refurb works in that case.
  3. Parabellum27

Considering a New Project with Kenwood KA-907. Need advice.

Here is a mock up of what I would like to do.
  4. Parabellum27

Now that's great news. In this case, with the feet removed any North American unit will do even if the switched and unswitched outlets are present. I assume that those feet are not glued, just screwed into the chassis so this would leave minimal marks/stains. The first step into this project...
  5. Parabellum27

Thank you Richard, this is exactly what I was looking for. What you did as modifications is pretty much what I have in mind. The other option I can see would be to remove the back feet behind the amplifier if they do not serve any real purpose. So essentially, that would shift the IEC connector...
  6. Parabellum27

CA-2010 Wood Case Treatment

+1 for Howard's Restor-a-Finish.. Neutral base here with steel wool #0000. Before : After : I didn't use Feed'n Wax since I didn't have it on hand.
  7. Parabellum27

I personally would not accept any modifications if they do not look like it was original. Again, it may not be to everyone's taste but nowadays I only use modern high end cablings. I was introduced to vintage sound with the Yamaha CA-1000 about 4 years ago and was rather quite surprised how good...
  8. Parabellum27

Good day, I am considering a new project with a Kenwood KA-907 as I would like to acquire one unit; I wish to get a fine example for complete restoration and modification, if possible, to start a collection of the best units of the '70s. I currently own a totally mint Yamaha CA-1000 which is...
  9. Parabellum27

Building Capacitors List for Yamaha CA-1000

Not that I wish to start a heated debate on the topic of aftermarket fuses, I have to agree that 125$ can be seen as expensive but that depends on how you see it. If as a device to blow in case of surge, yes, 0.99$ fuse will do the job I guess. But these audio grade fuses significantly improve...
  10. Parabellum27

Building Capacitors List for Yamaha CA-1000

Reviving this old thread.. This is beyond my skills so I will leave this to an experienced tech, as I did for my first CA-1000. I will ask for a complete bill of material. As a side note, I purchased a new Yamaha A-S2200 and received it yesterday. I have been auditioning it since then and...
  11. Parabellum27

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

New member of the family... Yamaha A-S2200.
  12. Parabellum27

My Yamaha CA-1000 Restoration / Modifications Thread

I cannot say for sure for the mojo, but I am using a Bryston BDA-3 DAC without any issues with the RCA inputs. I know there is something written in the user manual about this and I even posted in this thread about the input voltage since I had some issues but it has been proven to me that my DAC...
  13. Parabellum27

It's only the plastic back plate. It was custom made to fit perfectly.
  14. Parabellum27

If you intend to do the binding posts mod using the back plate method I used, I could send you my spare one. I have had made 2 back plates for my second amplifier in case the tech had messed up (though I was totally confident he would not). Was not much more expensive to make a spare in case. I...
  15. Parabellum27

Just before I sold this amplifier, I decided to refresh the wood case as this was a long time past due step I wanted to do for myself but procrastinated along the way. I felt that would give extra value to the buyer if I was doing it. I used Howard's Retor-a-finish as shown in the picture. I...
Back
Top Bottom