Recent content by parkerdom

1. parkerdom

Hi... I assume the dampers arrived OK. Please let me know. Thanks. :)

Hi... I assume the dampers arrived OK. Please let me know. Thanks. :)
  2. parkerdom

noise on some RipX stems

Greetings... I use the computer program RipX to separate classic hits that are in mono into stems so I can convert them to stereo (for my own entertainment, of course). Recently, I upgraded RipX to the latest version, 6.2.0. Since then, some rips are filled with a "static" noise that earlier...
  3. parkerdom

Computer audio...

Is there a forum in AK dedicated to the above?
  4. parkerdom

Bookshelf speakers with best bass...

I have more info now. Here's a pic of his entertainment stand: The components on top will be moved to the center to accommodate the new speakers. His Sherwood RX-4109 receiver will be-- if it fits-- in the center hole. As you might have guessed, he's not an audiophile. :)
  5. parkerdom

I think he'd like to buy something new, if possible. :)
  6. parkerdom

I've always wanted to say this: "asking for a friend." But, I REALLY AM! My buddy has no room for a sub and a budget of about 500.00. He LOVES bass. What speakers would you recommend? Thanks... :)
  7. parkerdom

Best digital cable?

Greetings... I just bought a Fiio DAC and was wondering what you're using as a coaxial digital cable. I have a few cables, but they were actually designed for video. Thanks... :)
  8. parkerdom

Unused quarter-inch headphone jack on my DAC... should I plug it?

I know some claim that unused RCA jacks can cause noise and should be capped, etc.. Is the same true for headphone jacks? Thanks. :)
  9. parkerdom

Anyone sell their CD player and CDs???

NO and YES... I got rid of all my CD's, SACD's, DVD-A's, and Blu-ray Audio's, but not before converting them to .wav, .flac, and .dsf files and putting those files on three SS flash drives. I kept my Oppo BDP-103, though, because I know of no other component with three USB inputs. My next...
  10. parkerdom

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

This thing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/112099485290 Believe it or not, it has slightly improved the sound of my Oppo BDP-103.
  11. parkerdom

The Beatles - Revolver 2022

B... I found the "Sgt. Pepper's..." remix at the library. It sounds great, but what's the point?
  12. parkerdom

What are the worst speakers you've heard?

THEWORST: In the early '80s, my brother bought a pair of JBL two-ways (I forget the model number but I believe they were part of the "Eminence" series). They sounded dreadful; no treble, bass, or detail. Then, a few years later, I walked in on my then-band mixing down our demo tape on a set of...
  13. parkerdom

Best Vintage Preamp

Huh... I didn't even know there was an integrated amp in that series. Thanks for the pic. :)
  14. parkerdom

Best Vintage Preamp

The NOT highly-regarded SAE P102 that I picked up with a bunch of other components has found a permanent place in my system. It is clear, quiet, dynamic, and has excellent bass response. It is cold-sounding, though, so I added a tube buffer to the signal line. Well, it's permanent until I find...
Back
Top Bottom