Recent content by parksung

1. parksung

iPhone via USB on CD Player = no seperate DAC?

I have a silly question as my CD player is from the 80s and I haven't been keeping up with their technology. I want to stream Spotify from my iPhone or Macbook Pro through my amp. If my CD player has a good DAC and USB input, do I still want to get a separate DAC to achieve better sound from...
  2. parksung

Project Pre Box S2: noisy USB connection

I just got this DAC and am enjoying it via optical cable to my Macbook Pro. The problem is when I try to use the USB, it's really crackly, staticy, hard to hear the music and I'd need to turn the volume up very high. I don't turn it up or use it for fear it'll damage my speakers, etc. It's a...
  3. parksung

Cyrus One (2015) buzzing in speakers

i bought a demo and it buzzed loudly in both the tweeters and woofers, along with a distinct pop when turning on and off, particularly in one speaker more than the other. The buzz was audible from about a foot away. The audio shop told me it should be 100% silent and to bring it back. I...
  4. parksung

Dragonfly Red USB for laptop, but how to use with my amp w/ no USB?

Sorry, what I meant was basically, is it at all possible to use my Dragonfly Red as my stereo amp's headphone amp? I don't know if there's any adapter, anyone?
  5. parksung

Dragonfly Red USB for laptop, but how to use with my amp w/ no USB?

Is there any adapter I could use to get the USB of the Dragonfly connected to something in my amp? I have an HK 990 with optical inputs and more (Owner's Manual, page 5 shows all input options)...
  6. parksung

Best headphone amp w DAC for Focal Classic headphones (laptop & smartphone use)

I just bought these headphones but they're not blowing me away vs. a $100 pair of Sony MDR-V6s from a decade ago. I'll most listen to music on my MacBook Pro Retina (2015), but it'd be nice to have the option of using it on my smartphone (I have both Android-Samsung Galaxy S5 & iPhone 5S). I'll...
  7. parksung

DAC & MacBookPro Retina (2015)

Great, I just bought the 25' one on Monoprice for $11. Let's see how it goes. I'll let you know.
  8. parksung

So optical cable length isn't like speaker cable lengths, where the longer the speaker cable the less quality sound?
  9. parksung

Sorry, to clarify I'm not going to an external DAC, I'm using the built in one in my amp.
  10. parksung

I have a stereo amp with a DAC (Harmon Kardon 990) and I use an optical cord with a 3.5mm mini to plug into my MacBook Pro Retina. Luckily, my MBP is new enough to be able to use the 3.5mm mini or the usual 3.5mm because iPhones and iPads cannot. My avatar shows what I'm doing. What my question...
  11. parksung

DAC & MacBookPro Retina 2015

I have a stereo amp with a DAC (Harmon Kardon 990) and I use an optical cord with a 3.5mm mini to plug into my MacBook Pro Retina. Luckily, my MBP is new enough to be able to use the 3.5mm mini or the usual 3.5mm because iPhones and iPads cannot. What my question is, is when I need to use my...
  12. parksung

DAC a&

Sorry for the title typo, it published before I was done! I have a stereo amp with a DAC (Harmon Kardon 990) and I use an optical cord with a 3.5mm mini to plug into my MacBook Pro Retina. Luckily, my MBP is new enough to be able to use the 3.5mm mini or the usual 3.5mm because iPhones and...
  13. parksung

Who knows the Harmon Kardon 990? Opinions?

Silly me. I was told the jack was there but it needed an amp so I never even tried it. All I need to do is turn the speakers off and plug in my headphones, I assume.
  14. parksung

Who knows the Harmon Kardon 990? Opinions?

I'm currently am using this and although it's not as good as the Cyrus iii, I'm pretty happy with it EXCEPT there's no headphone amp and I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a good one. So what I'm thinking is getting an all in one like the brand new Peachtree Nova 150. It's current, has...
  15. parksung

Peach tree Nova 150 reviews?

has anyone received theirs and can describe performance and sound characteristics? Love the all in one, though my hifi guy is trying to sell me the Naim 5...which I'd still need to buy a phone stage, headphone stage, etc. I have a Rega RP1 and B&W 602 S3 speakers plus an 90's mission CD player.
Back
Top Bottom