Recent content by Pat217

1. P

CD Player Chirp...

Thanks Steve. I'll check the disc, but it's not one I play often. I've read elsewhere that it could be related to the lack of error correction on the Rega. My Yamaha CDX 530 plays the disc without issue. It turns out the previous owner changed the laser so its possible something wasn't done...
  2. P

CD Player Chirp...

Hello everyone, just nabbed a Rega Planet CD player on Fleabay and, unfortunately, it has a playback issue. On some tracks (more easily heard on quiet ones) the CD player produces a "chirp" or "crackle" in its audio output (heard through the speakers). I have A/B tested the issue extensively...
  3. P

Input Sensitivity on Rotel RA-1060

Picked up a Rotel RA-1060 recently on the 'Bay with a lowball I didn't expect to win. On power up, found I was dead on one channel. A couple new fuses and I was away to the races and ready to listen. Currently, I have only a Yamaha CDX 530 hooked to the amp driving a pair of JBL Northridge...
  4. P

Yamaha kit: Opinions Wanted

That's what I had to go through with the c-45... I will take a peak in the m40 shortly. Thinking about doing the "pavaroty" terminal upgrade too. Anybody have experience with that?
  5. P

Yamaha kit: Opinions Wanted

Hello all, mentioned I would detail my kit in my first thread, so here goes. Very interested in everyone's opinions since there are some very skilled people on this forum... Amp: M-40 Pre: C-45 CD: CDX 530 Tuner: TX-400U Turntable: Pro-ject RPM 1.3 w/sumiko black pearl MM cartridge...
  6. P

Yamaha CD players... the best?

So in general, the heavy units were the top quality ones? so a 1030 or 1050 is a step up from my CDX 530?
  7. P

Not an M-45 amp, I'll have to double check what the model is when I get home from work. Yes, I got all the glue off. What a mess! I had originally opened that amp to replace the RCA terminals, since some were damaged by some too-tight interconnects. When I had finished that job, I put it back...
  8. P

Hello all, I'm new here and have some questions about early Yamaha cd players. I have assembled what I believe to be a very good entry-level Yamaha-only kit but I believe the CD player could be improved. Any opinions on what the "good" or "best" CD players from Yamaha are? Specifically looking...
Back
Top Bottom