Recent content by patchboston

1. P

Argonne Turntable with Fairchild 225-A and Pickering 371 in Cleveland!

damn! In my neighborhood, and I also have a replacement motor on hand!
  2. P

Replacing Vol. Pot and removing Dynaco Pas Loudness function

This is exactly what I needed to find out, thank you!
  3. P

Replacing Vol. Pot and removing Dynaco Pas Loudness function

I'm working on my Dynaco Pas restoration and it is coming along nicely! I have one quick question about the loudness function: If I replace the 250k volume pot with a 100k stepped attenuator, do the resistors need to be included anywhere? The below link reuses them in their guide for loudness...
  4. P

SDS Labs power supply & Dynaco Pas - quick question, regarding "line"

Actually, I figured it out! One wire from one terminal to the next. Doh! Little underwhelmed by this preamp..she will need a lot or work!
  5. P

SDS Labs power supply & Dynaco Pas - quick question, regarding "line"

Greetings! I have one quick (newbie) question regarding the Dynaco pas power supply and the "line" connections. When Sheldon at SDS says "insert in series with one transformer primary (black) wire", what I would want to do is connect two wires going from the last outlet prongs in the series...
  6. P

Received Technics SL-20 with Broken V15 type II Super Track Stylus

I would point out that the stylus he suggests are not of the same quality. If he gives you gruff, open a case and send everything back on his dime. Such a shame!
  7. P

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

Where did you find your 49990's? I checked all the online electronics supply houses, and it seems these opamps are now obsolete? I'm thinking about importing them direct from china, but would love to buy from a more reputable source, if possible. -David
  8. P

3-Speed Turntable Recommendations?

With your budget in mind, I would also second the recommendation of a Dual 1019. They are simple enough to work on, perform wonderfully, and support your needs. I own two (among other tables). The only downside is the sled cartridge, which requires periodic cleaning to function 100%. Not a...
  9. P

quick question about spindle to pivot distance...

Thanks guys! Just wanted to make sure.
  10. P

quick question about spindle to pivot distance...

So, I picked up a Miida 3115 turntable, also known as the Denon GT-700 / SL-7D. Like always, I looked on vinyl engine for the spindle to pivot distance to dial in the correct measurement on my feikert alignment tool, but unfortunately there's no spindle to pivot distance! I noticed they give...
  11. P

1960's Coral 15L-2 Speakers, from the land of the rising sun!

thanks for sharing! I REALLY like that cabinet!
  12. P

1960's Coral 15L-2 Speakers, from the land of the rising sun!

Hi! I was wondering if you guys could help me..I have recently purchased some kit speakers that were brought over to the west from Japan in the 1960's, and I'm just trying to get a value on them! I actually did not want the speakers, because the enclosures themselves were roughly 2 x 3'...
  13. P

Technics SL-1200 Mk2 buy or pass?

I just purchased a SL1200 mk2 and SL1200 M3D for $125.00 ea. from a local pawn shop. I have already put an additional $175.00 into the M3D, but it looks awesome and sounds great! Purchasing a new tonearm really makes these tables really shine! If you can work on turntables, you're getting a...
  14. P

Aurora OH AR3A pair, AR7

Thank you! I wheeled them home, put on an album that means a lot to me, and immediately started to tear up from the dynamic presentation. :)
Back
Top Bottom