patfont
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi, Pat. I see you’ve recapped some Kenwood Basic C2s. I pulled mine out of the garage today and the output is not working. This got me thinking about repairs/upgrade. Are you still taking on these projects? If so, how much do you charge? Thank you!

Seth
    Also, I'm wondering if you could recommend a tools list. Do you have a detailed parts list for the 2245 posted? Thanks very much for considering! Danny

AWESOME thread, btw!
    Hi, Pat! I just went through your 2245/2270 restoration thread. I have a 2245 I'd like to restore/enhance. Being a relative novice (HS shop, some soldering experience... some of the tools, but pretty handy in general), I'm wondering if you'd recommend diving into this myself.
    Hi Pat, I was wondering what your preference is between a restored Sansui AU-505/ AU-555 and a restored 1060 or 2230 (using Jensen 4 poles)?
    Thanks, Steve
    Evening Pat, I am about to start to recap my 2230 and have been researching AK for parts list (found a few), suggestions, brands, etc. In one post, another subscriber mentioned that you sell drop in kits for the 2230. Before I subscribe to AK for Barter Town (I want AK to get their share), do you still sell these kits?

Thank you very much.

Bo
    Hello, I'm starting to gear up to restore my Marantz 2230 and want to follow your epic restoration thread. You mentioned that you could post a parts list in reply to another user's query on your selection of hyper-fast soft recovery diodes; is there such a one-stop shopping list posted somewhere? I'm kinda new to AK, so don't know if it's squirreled away somewhere online. Thanks, Patrick
    Hi Pat,
    What would your choice be with a Marantz CD5000/Philips CD 753 power supply. I can get KG III and II, or FG? Maybe with CD players the FG? any thoughts and of course SilmicII for the rest :) Thanks Sam
    Hi Pat,

I was reading your Marantz 3200 recap thread and I wondered if you had kept an upgrade list of the caps/components you replaced on that build? I'm currently tracing a low-audio left channel issue on my 3200, but considering this unit's age, i'm thinking a recap may be in order regardless.

I must admit that i'm still new to hi-fi repair, so any advice you can give would be great.

Thanks!
    -Jake
    Hi Pat -

I've got an Advent 300 question for you. My example has excessive preamp gain. I've had to fashion and install a set of 12 dB attenuators to tame it. Without the attenuators the noise floor is audible, and it overdrives some of the other preamps I've got when used strictly as a tuner/preamp. Have you seen this before?

This is the 300 that you sent an emergency parts drop for last year.

-Matt
    Hello Pat,
    Thank you for accepting my one owner (me) ADVENT 300 (shipped from Guam). I am looking forward to getting it set up for the next 35+ years of great musical enjoyment.
    Eddie
    Hello Pat,

You recapped my h/k 330c last year, it still sounds wonderful. Pat, I'm about to get a Kenwood C2 Basic preamp in my hot little hands. What would you charge to recap it?

Best regards,
    Tom Test
    Pat, thank you so much for the very detailed information you had for the 2270 and 2230. I was able to do the 2270 without any problems. I'm currently working on the 2230 right now. Again, thank you very much.
    i was told you've recapped hk 330c? I have one that could use it. Already had my 430 done but he isn't doing recaps anymore...
    Hello Pat. Could you publish or send me a PM with the parts list on your post of the Marantz 1040? I recently got mine and would love to upgrade it if I can. I have very little experience on this so your list would be very helpul. Thank you very much! Cheers from Buenos Aires
    My location is a reference to a "Donald Fagen" song, I am in NJ so I should probably change my location, sorry. Thank you for the invitation though!
    Are you anywhere near Belzoni, MS. If so we're neighbors. I live near Greenwood. Please reply if you would like to visit sometime. Thanks, Richard Macy
    Hi Pat, could you publish a parts list on your post of the Marantz 1040? I intend to restore one and since I am a newbie the list would really help me out. Thanks a lot and congrats on your project!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom