Recent content by Patrologia

1. Patrologia

How can I restore the switch labels on a Pioneer TT?

I was quite pleased to discover it, because after you gave me the terms to search for I was expecting the same process you described. Which would have been fine. But this will be infinitely easier. Wow, that looks great. But since my panel is ok except for lettering, I'll save the money and...
  2. Patrologia

Wow, I didn't realize this would be a thing. It looks like I can get a complete set specific to my machine on ebay. Does anyone here have experience with these and know whether they are reliable? https://www.ebay.com/itm/283431088316
  3. Patrologia

I have a Pioneer PL-530, and was able to get a couple of its problems fixed with the help of some old threads here. Unfortunately, however, most of the lettering is gone, or mostly gone. Short of using a sharpie to write on the aluminum, is there a good way to re-label it? It doesn’t have to be...
  4. Patrologia

Car Audio recommendation: '02 Civic

Thanks for letting me know about this. Fit without modification is a pretty high priority on my shopping list! I have no objection to GPS, but it isn't a high value for us either. This car pretty much only does well worn routine routes. If I ever do this for a vehicle we take on trips I will...
  5. Patrologia

Ha! I wish. I'd just convince her to use a headset for calls, and run the phone straight in AUX for podcasts. What it does have, is cassette. It has got to be just about the last year they were in there, but there it is. Thanks for the suggestion. I actually assigned my son to do a bit of a...
  6. Patrologia

My wife recently started having an hour commute (not sure how long that will last, but it's a good thing for now). I would like her to have Bluetooth so that she can talk on the phone handsfree. She would also like to be able to play podcasts from her phone, when she's not chatting. It makes...
  7. Patrologia

Test leads for vintage meter--Sanwa U-50d

2mm is about what the plugs on my RCA's leads measure to, although those are just simple pins, not banana. I didn't realize that they made 2mm banana, I'll have to look into that and see how well it works. Thanks!
  8. Patrologia

Thanks. Now, if it can be easily explained, how would I have known that. I see the 20000 DC Ω/V statement on the meter, but I assumed that was describing a protection level. I didn't realize that it would tell me about the probe. Just looking to get educated.
  9. Patrologia

I have a couple of older meters, and would like to get test leads for them. Both take what I'm calling "pin plugs" rather than banana plugs. That search term isn't working great, so if anyone knows a better one, I'd take the help. One is an RCA WV-97a, and that one is less of a problem because I...
  10. Patrologia

How to check polarity, does it matter

Excellent, thanks. There's a part of me that really wants them to be "right" but I'm glad to know that as long as they're matched it won't make a real difference. Once I get them matched, I'll mark so that it is easier if and when I have to disconnect and reconnect them.
  11. Patrologia

How to check polarity, does it matter

I have a set of speakers that are hard wired, and the wires are not marked (they originally came with some sort of plug, but that was cut off long before I got them). I cannot see the drivers from the front. Is there a way for me to determine which wire is the + and which is the - without...
  12. Patrologia

Battery holder replace/repair

Yeah, I replaced the spring and got the electrical side of things working. It runs for anywhere from 5 minutes to two hours and then stops. might just need cleaning, or there might be something else weird wrong. I suspect that the rest of my to do list is too long to add "learn click repair" to...
  13. Patrologia

I may try this--after all the worst that can happen is I have to replace the complete holder. Trouble so far has been finding anything I own that uses a similar spring. It seems that I no longer have anything lying around that takes D batteries except a few flashlights, and flashlight springs...
  14. Patrologia

D cell, thanks for the links Yeah, I thought the same when I saw it, but I can't get under them to pry up. I guess I could break the old one off and then get under, but it would then be hard to bend them back to hold the new one. I was hoping someone might know a reliable technique.
  15. Patrologia

Epoxy is probably a good idea. I have been afraid that solder would break if it was the mechanical contact as well.
Back
Top Bottom