Recent content by Paully

1. P

Turntable Buzz

Went to troubleshoot this evening and the buzz is completely gone. Makes me think a loose connection is the most likely culprit. When and if it comes back I will get to work with the suggestions given. I do want to say thanks again for helping.
  2. P

Turntable Buzz

Thanks for the ideas. Hopefully I can get to checking these today or tomorrow.
  3. P

Turntable Buzz

I don’t know if the arm itself is grounded. But I did lift the ground from the table to the preamp and that didn’t fix the buzz.
  4. P

Turntable Buzz

Changing the tone arm wires would be really hard. The nature of the carriage requires very light, flexible wire like I use.
  5. P

Turntable Buzz

I have some buzz coming through my speakers on vinyl only. When I touch the wire from the turntable to the phono pre the buzz increases. When I touch the rails on the souther tonearm the buzz increases. A grounding issue but the turntable is grounded to the preamp from a nut on the board. What...
  6. P

Gillespie SCA-35 Driver Board Caps Upgrade

I’m certainly capable of doing so.
  7. P

My plan is to replace all of the boards with the Gillespie boards and that’s it. I go back and forth on completely rewriting. And thanks for the link. I will get to reading.
  8. P

Thanks for chiming in, noted and appreciated. Did you rewire or not?
  9. P

The Banning game

Noogies is permanently banned for noting there is a difference.
Back
Top Bottom