Recent content by pauls1

1. pauls1

Pioneer SA-9100, possible design error in Filter AMP AWK-021? With my recommendtion.

I have recapped/ restored 7 or 8 9100's over the years (just finished another one this last week) and all had C1,2,5, & 6 on Filter amp installed the opposite way round to the service manual schematic!
  2. pauls1

Pioneer SX-737 Restoration

I'm sure that you know this already & it is something that you won't need just yet......but here it is.... note: the DC neutral voltage and idle current procedure in the service manual incorrectly identifies adjusting VR1 (pin 3 voltage to ground) and VR2 (pin 17 voltage to ground) for 0v and...
  3. pauls1

The Mighty Pioneer SX 737

100% agree. The 737 "could be" the only receiver you would ever need! It's that good......
  4. pauls1

Pioneer SX-1980 restoration

I could be. I still have a 1980 with a bad board
  5. pauls1

SA 9100, SA 7500, SA 8100, which one?

The 9100. I have had all three at one time or another and still have a restored 9100. If you buy a restored one or take the time to restore it using the BOM lists on AK you will have a fantastic sounding amp with all the control you need. I have a couple of TOTL Pioneer setups including a full...
  6. pauls1

SA-9100 TO3 Replacement Output Transitor Sockets...Help Needed!

Sorry inductor for the late reply. I have just got in from work and only now had time to have a proper look at your photo. The black ones may do the job but ideally I would like some originals for this amp. I know they are fitted to quite a few Pioneers from the era. I have here a SX-950 that...
  7. pauls1

I will buy a few from you if you have them. What ones do you have?
  8. pauls1

I have seen a couple of likely's on mouser. Keystone make a dual tab that has very similar measurements. The originals have a single tab for the collector. I have restored quite a few 9100's and have never needed a socket before. Both sockets on this one have one of the holding pins broken. US...
  9. pauls1

Thanks Pete. I will have a look through the mouser stock. I was hoping someone had replaced one of these and had a part no. of a part that is a close match to an original
  10. pauls1

I have just picked up a really nice 9100 that has virtually no output on the right channel. If I turn the volume up to max I can just hear the right channel. I have identified the problem, the sockets that hold the TO3 outputs are damaged and are not making a connection with the transistors...
  11. pauls1

SA-9100 Power transformer mounting

Do you have AC voltage going into the transformer from the fuse?
  12. pauls1

Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas to all....
  13. pauls1

CT-F1250 Playing At 5X Normal Speed!!!

Thanks guys. I may be able to buy some NOS 2SD837's from ebay, there are 3 on the board so may replace them all. I keep seeing the NTE261 as a suggested replacement for the 2SD837 but without the data sheet for the 837 cannot compare the two.
  14. pauls1

CT-F1250 Playing At 5X Normal Speed!!!

Done a lot of testing, pulling and replaced a few caps that were a little out but good. Just pulled a 2SD837(P) (looks like Q524) from the control board RWG-104, shorted from E to C. This transistor is in parallel to the 7W pulse count resistor (tested good) which looks to control the play...
Back
Top Bottom