Recent content by penfoldvr6

1. penfoldvr6

Rek-O-Kut Rondine Jnr L-34 rebuild

Here's the info you require. Idler wheel washers (6mm ID): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172645168800?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT Central power/speed control lever (6mm ID nylatron)...
  2. penfoldvr6

The washers were from the big auction site :naughty: I can send link if required
  3. penfoldvr6

I'll let him know there are interested parties. He is on the "big auction site" in the US. That's how I found him. Just search Rek-O-Kut. :beatnik: I've also sent him an email regarding interest in his decals. So hopefully they will be on offer for sale
  4. penfoldvr6

Walkman sells for $6200

:wtf: Wow!!!!!! That's unreal. Man's got more money than brains
  5. penfoldvr6

Back into audio...

Welcome Dave from the UK
  6. penfoldvr6

The plate was ready for painting. I went with the original silver in metallic. I spent quite a while on the paint to get it looking good. Once painted and cured for a while. I tack ragged the surface and clear coated. I put quite a few layers on it. I then wet sanded with 2500 grit and used a...
  7. penfoldvr6

The new idlers are made from Delrin with a bronze center. There is a silicone ring around the perimeter in a machined channel. Everything is fitting very well. The silicone ring can be swapped out when worn, so no expensive reworking of idlers...
  8. penfoldvr6

Hello from the sunny UK

I've got my first thread going:music: I'm rebuilding a Rek-O-Kut Rondine Jnr L-34. It's in the turntable section of the site. I'm getting to understand how to upload pictures too :banana: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/rek-o-kut-rondine-jnr-l-34-rebuild.770792/
  9. penfoldvr6

I checked the original idler wheels to see if they were good. Fortunately they were and not too worn. The place in Italy makes replacement idlers too. It was the same process of measuring as these are bespoke too. I gave them a go in a bid to cut rumble. I ordered some Teflon and PTFE self...
  10. penfoldvr6

While all this was drying I turned my attention to the problem of getting it spinning at the correct speed, as it was to be used in the UK with its 50hz 240v supply. I couldn't just buy a step down transformer to supply the 110v, as it still wouldn't spin at the correct speed. It still required...
  11. penfoldvr6

Next pictures jumps a bit in time, but it shows the plate after it has been filled with bridging compound, sanded back, etch primed and has a thin coat of filler. This was sanded back again and primed ready for paint. Before paint I used 2500 grit wet and dry to totally level.
  12. penfoldvr6

Extra mounting points drilled in the plate. I chemically stripped it after removing the serial number sticker so I could re-apply it when I painted again. The area where the Lord rubbers go need to be back with wire wool. The original mounting points that were too near the outer edge will be...
  13. penfoldvr6

Time for some more build updates.....well, as I've said it's come some way since I purchased it. He goes: I wasn't happy with the way the original plate mounted to the original plinth, so I made a much more sound absorbing plinth, added isolation feet etc. The feet run in at 1.1kg each, so not...
  14. penfoldvr6

You are most correct. It's a great arm
  15. penfoldvr6

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

I don't know if these meet the requirements of vintage. They were getting on a bit in age. Rotel RC-980BX preamp Rotel RB-980BX mono block amps I sold them to make may for my KT-88 based Williamson design tube mono block amps with pre and power supply. These were built by an RAF communications...
Back
Top Bottom