Recent content by Pentotark

1. Pentotark

Can't set up antiskate correctly on a SME 3009 S2 Improved with Grado Gold Cartridge

Yes, I followed what the manual says about that.
  2. Pentotark

Can't set up antiskate correctly on a SME 3009 S2 Improved with Grado Gold Cartridge

I thought Grados are considered a good match for the S2 Improved with removable headshell, a few threads on this forum recommended the combination. I had a Grado Black before and it sounded great, better than the OM 10 too, thats why I went for a Gold as an upgrade.
  3. Pentotark

Hi, I own a Thorens td 124 with a SME 3009 s2 improved arm and a freshly bought Grado Gold cartridge. But I cannot make the anti-skate work as I can see the tonearm moving toward the center of the blank test record instead of holding steady in position. This is what I do: 1 - I set the rider...
  4. Pentotark

Nakamichi BX-100 does FF and RW but not playback

During this whole endeavor, I noticed how this little washer can affect reproduction effectiveness, seems pretty amazing to me. Maybe something self made or 3d printed is the way. Thank you for your insight, that really makes sense to this situation, as it was't a tire issue in the end, just the...
  5. Pentotark

So far the self-made washer works fine. Incredible how a small washer can make all the difference. I had to make it small enough so that it does not friction too much against the hub or the spindle it sits on. Thanks to everyone for the advice and support.
  6. Pentotark

All right, I will try that! The tire is clean. I did ask about the lubricant because when I took off the hub for the first time there was a clear trace of grease on the metal spindle the hub is resting on. In the meantime, I created a new washer with the same plastic I used before, this time...
  7. Pentotark

I am considering the option to 3d print the washer... I don't have the exact measures of the original one (because I lost it) but I think it was around 1mm internal diameter, 4mm outer diameter and between 0.2 and 0.4 mm thichness.
  8. Pentotark

Gotcha. I will try to make a smaller and more precise washer. I am also wondering if I should use grease or lubricant for this. I am pretty sure there was some but I think it got taken away by working so much on this. Is it safe to use wd40 or sewing machine oil?
  9. Pentotark

Unfortunately, the minimum internal diameter is 2.1 mm. The washer I need is very tiny and very difficult to measure for me. The internal diameter is around 1mm, and thickness should be a fraction of a millimeter. I wish I still had the original one but I think it wasn't thicker than half of a...
  10. Pentotark

I tried to press play without the handmade washer and now the hub rotates much better. maybe my washer is not well made enough or there is not enough grease. I would really prefer to buy a replacement and be sure everything is properly done. I tried to look online for small washers but I can't...
  11. Pentotark

Seems I am not yet done with this. For around a day or two everything worked flawlessly but now again the playback struggles and stops. I recorded this video: As you can see, the hub and its tire now are nice and round (note my homemade washer XD) but every now and then it stops. I think the...
  12. Pentotark

I finally made it! I managed to fit the tire correctly by carefully pressing it inside the hub. Then I made myself a plastic washer from a plastic box around the same thickness of the original one. Reassembled everything and now the player works perfectly! Each wheel works flawlessly! Thanks...
  13. Pentotark

This is what I did for the most partt but somehow I could not put the washer in place and after hours of attempts I lost it T-T
Back
Top Bottom