Recent content by periclimenes

1. periclimenes

Subwoofer questions

Thank you @spark1 and @dcmfan for your helpful replies!
  2. periclimenes

Subwoofer questions

Howdy. I listen to vinyl, pretty much exclusively. My setup is a Thorens TD-125 ii through a Harman Kardon citation I and VTA ST-120 tube setup into Zu Omen Dirty Weekends (the last batch before they discontinued the model). My listening space is a rectangular living room that is about 15' x...
  3. periclimenes

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

May 7, 2017
  4. periclimenes

Schiit Turntable: the giant-slayer that slays giants and schiit

Hey neighbor! Mine is running at 33.29 RPM with 0.13% w/f. The speed is a little variable based on the distance of the motor pod from the platter. Closer = faster, until the belt falls off! If this seems like it's the turntable for you, but the speed is too off for your liking, it would be...
  5. periclimenes

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

The active ingredient in Hepastat is the quaternary ammonium cation that is listed as effective in killing coronavirus. Hepastat 256 is diluted 1:256 (hepastat to water) for this purpose. Spray the surface and leave wet for 10 minutes.
  6. periclimenes

I bent the cantilever on my HOMC (Dynavector DV-20x2). Any way to have it repaired?

Hello. The title says it all. Here's what I'm looking at: This is the part where I wish it was a MM cartridge with a replaceable stylus. Anything I can do to salvage this? Thanks!
  7. periclimenes

AR-6 speakers, re-foamed

Thanks for the data point!
  8. periclimenes

AR-6 speakers, re-foamed

Can anyone give me a sense of a reasonable price for local sale of a pair of AR-6 speakers? Perfect working order, new foam. Cabinets generally good with some scratches. 7.5/10 cosmetics. Thanks!
  9. periclimenes

Can you give us some more info about how you separated the chassis and signal grounds?
  10. periclimenes

What is the third arm you have? I'm in the beta and "only" have 2 arms. I also never got a new base for the motor.
  11. periclimenes

Interesting. Do you mean you found a transmission path of mechanical vibrations to the plinth by way of snug connector jackets? Or were you talking about electrical interference?
  12. periclimenes

Thanks! Nice VTA monoblocks! I have an ST-120, and the phono stage is a Don Sachs unit based on the VTA PH-16. My Sol is on a homebrewed leveling platform because my floors are wonky. I have no doubt that the relatively low-mass surface exacerbates the vibration/isolation issues I'm hearing but...
  13. periclimenes

Thanks for the moongel suggestion. I propped the pod up on some slices of melamine foam and that helped. Again, I'm not too upset at this point because I haven't really focused on trying to get rid of the noise *yet*.
  14. periclimenes

I reached out to Schiit and am hopeful they get back to me with a remedy. I can isolate the motor pod, no problem, but haven't bothered yet because it does seem excessively noisy to me in its current setup and I wanted to be able to give Schiit the data point as a beta tester.
  15. periclimenes

I am part of the beta, yes. I did get the self-start pulley, and that hasn't made any difference. The motor itself isn't really audible. Rather, it creates a very gentle vibration that registers as barely a tickle on the fingers if you touch the housing but is audible once it makes its way...
Back
Top Bottom