Share This Page

Permanent Waves

Digital Man, Male, from Leaving the US

1. eljr
      eljr
      way cool! can you post pics?
    2. eljr
      eljr
      you have gone dark, this isn't about Neil Peart retiring is it!
      1. Permanent Waves likes this.
      2. Permanent Waves
        Permanent Waves
        Ha! No!

AK went down before I could announce my backpacking trip and touring of Scotland!

Just now back! :)
        May 24, 2016
        eljr likes this.
    3. 1TUFSS
      1TUFSS
      Yeah I've known about Encyclopedia Metallum for a while. Death by Fire is awesome stuff - a bit of variety, but mostly speed metal with a bit of a hook to it, something not usually seen. And of course Into the Night, far more one-dimensional but some good no-bull thrash/speed always gets a smile out of me.
    4. 1TUFSS
      1TUFSS
      I owe you one. I checked out Enforcer and they blew me away - I was wearing an ear-to-ear grin as I gleefully blasted through all three of their albums. Given the absence of down-tuning and growled vocals, this is probably the best stuff I've ever heard from a new metal band.

I'd say Diamonds is a little weaker than Into the Night and Death By Fire, though.
    5. Ilikevinyl
      Ilikevinyl
      I'm a huge Giorgio Moroder fan. Have most of his
      stuff on vinyl. Maybe I'll spin some tonight.
      See you on the Playlists.
    6. Ilikevinyl
      Ilikevinyl
    7. 87RangerXLT
      87RangerXLT
      Holy crap i love your Avatar. too bad i don't have it on Vinyl.
    8. Metalownz
      Metalownz
      Thanks! It was a pleasure talking Rush with you also! I just listened to Power Windows on vinyl tonight. Man what an album. Im going to friend request you in a minute. Sorry i didnt get to it sooner. Ive been away all weekend.
    9. MJSNet
      MJSNet
      Hey thanks! Can't even begin to explain my love for the stuff, and can never seem to get enough. ANY fan of Rush is a definitely a friend of mine! EXCELLENT band! Just finished the Retrospective series on CD not too long ago, over two hours of Rush heaven!
    10. 2112
      Hey brother, Just reading some of your pro-Rush posting in Archives.

Good job! Those three (Ged, Alex and Neil) have made my life much richer and I am ever thankful for it!

Michael
  • About

Home Page:
    http://www.apaonline.org/
    Publishing/Consulting
    Born and raised in St. Louis, great place to live (lots of interesting cultural places and events and some nice natural areas in and about the metro area to enjoy and explore).

Music of course; reading/studying philosophy, skepticism, science/pseudoscience, history/pseudohistory, literature, various humanities, etc.; participating in various academic/social cause/political/charitable organizations; cycling, hiking, camping, tennis...etc.

Signature

vita contemplativa + vita activa = phronesis and eudaimonia!