Recent content by phantomrebel

1. phantomrebel

Coronavirus News -- PLEASE No Politics

For me they do. Happens all the time. Even previously in this thread. Good, dedicated folks. If it's not too political, I will also say that I got an email, as a parent of a student there, that UC Santa Cruz is suspending classes due to CoV. Seems like a trend today.
  2. phantomrebel

OK, being proud of your state being the first at something significant is now political and instills hypochondria. Mod: please delete my "partisan" post. Thank you.
  3. phantomrebel

I'd rather focus on the positive. This is the first State to initiate such a reasonable measure and, in addition, TESTS ARE FREE. That is leadership. 14 in a town of roughly 7000 infected (so far, and it is early) is 0.2%. Multiply your city or town by this number and see whether it is a...
  4. phantomrebel

OK, Now the Gov. of Co. has called a State of Emergency. He is on it now that testing results are coming in. Drive up testing labs starting tomorrow.
  5. phantomrebel

and the guitarist chugging a corona beer. like the lyrics too. I needed a little humor. There are now 13 suspected cases in my town stemming from the one Australian visitor I posted about earlier. 13 in a small town of 7000. Those are Italian/Korean/Wuhan ratio numbers right here. Confirmation...
  6. phantomrebel

Italian ER physician's account of the crisis (published yesterday): https://www.ecodibergamo.it/stories/bergamo-citta/con-le-nostre-azioni-influenziamola-vita-e-la-morte-di-molte-persone_1344030_11/ and another here: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1237142891077697538.html
  7. phantomrebel

I agree, it really depends on latitude. But I've always read that dehydratatiion of viral particles in hot sunny weather will limit their viability.
  8. phantomrebel

Man, you and @spicer are killing me with your compassion. I know you are half joking, like Castanza looking through obituaries for NY apartments. :beerchug:
  9. phantomrebel

The coronavirus, like most, has an envelope that must be kept moist, so humidity levels matter. Heat matters, but so does sunshine (the RNA genome is sensitive to UV). So in dry, sunny weather, they don't last as long on surfaces (e.g. handrails, doorknobs) so lower transmission. That's why flu...
  10. phantomrebel

"per capita"...the denominator in China is huge! That said, shocking that Italy took Chinese-like measures and shut the entire country off today. Fear must be very high there.
  11. phantomrebel

OK, show me ONE other peer-reviewed data source that backs your boy up. Just one. N matters in statistics
  12. phantomrebel

I believe mass data, accumulated by groups of scientists, not one individual.
  13. phantomrebel

Many mistakes in that article. here are the facts: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/ It is 9 and under, not 10 for starters. And there is an age distribution, but don't assume being young is immunity.
  14. phantomrebel

We remain WAY behind the ball on testing in America:
Back
Top Bottom