Recent content by philips fx82

1. P

Grommes 500 receiver any information?

The Grommes company made a tube receiver in the late 50's/ 60's called the model 500. It ran pp 7868 for each channel and had a onboard multiplex decoder. Were these meant to be competative against Scott, Fisher ? Not much information on the web. does anyone here have any experience with these...
  2. P

fiber optic single strand. any suggestions

Hi to everyone. I am looking for single strand fiber optic cable for my cd player to stereo amp. Any suggestions for good quality. I do not need duel cables, only single strand. my thanks in advance
  3. P

Sylvania as 4000/cs2-20bt speakers anyone know about them

hi to everyone, Sylvania made some speakers for use in their Maestro" consoles. They also used these as stand alone cst-20bt which was like a small end table Anyone here ever heard these or any experience with these? These were in the Sylvania 1966 catalogue Newly Refined Sylvania "AS-4000/2X...
  4. P

looking for someone to pick up cabinet for me in St Paul area

Hi to everyone. I am looking for someone in the St paul Mn area to pick up a cabinet for me. I will ask to have the cabinet wrapped in cardboard. I will have a freight company pick it up from you. I will pay for your time. please send me a personal message here. thanks
  5. P

Motorola HS-778, best place to find schematic with parts list

Hi to everyone. I am starting to recap a Motorola hs-778 3 channel amplifier. I need to find a schematic that has a parts list with values for capacitors, etc. Any ideas? my thanks in advance
  6. P

vintage magnavox drivers - any opinions

Hi to everyone. I have 2 sets of magnavox 12" speakers. Each set has 2 speakers, I will assume a bass and some type of midrange. All of the speakers are rated at 250 ohms. All are electrodynamic speakers . One set of speakers comes from a regency symphony with ppp 6v6 output tubes. The other set...
  7. P

Motorola / Orson Combo Console

please be careful. It looks like a sheet of asbestos between the tubes and output transformers
  8. P

anyone here using or have used Sherwood tanglewood speakers-opinions please

Hi to everyone. I have a pair of Sherwood Tanglewood speakers from about 1965. This is from the company that made the famous Sherwood amplifiers and tuners. These do not sound good at the moment. I am making the assumption that they need new caps. There appear to be 6 wax/paper caps in each...
  9. P

silly question, seeking answers

Hi To everyone. I have a pair of Wharfedale w70 speakers. I have read many threads that mention that the cabinet is too small for the 12" woofer and that it affects the midrange. What would happen if you replace the 12" woofer with a 8" or 10" woofer, (Wharfedale driver, of course). Would it...
  10. P

Wharfedale w70 speakers better to sell drivers or sell whole?

thanks for the response. I believe the w70 only has one electrolytic in the crossover. Would you be able to tell me the correct value on the cap. The previous owner said he recapped it. I just need to find out if it is the correct value. I am using a Pilot 240 integrated amp pp 6bq5. I have...
  11. P

Wharfedale w70 speakers better to sell drivers or sell whole?

Hi to everyone. I have a pair of wharfedale w70 speakers. The cabinets are in good shape as well as the drivers. From the first time I tried these I was not impressed. They had a new capacitor put in for the crossover., but there is no soundstage. When I compare the to a set of Snell e-2's the...
  12. P

EH scott allwave 12 deluxe amp what would be a fair price

Hi to everyone. I have a EH Scott allwave deluxe amp (PP45 tubes). What would be a fair evaluation for it. No tubes in it. Chrome is good with some slight pitting. my thanks in advance
  13. P

Magnavox 150aa mono bi-amp what is a reasonable price

Hi to everyone, I have a Magnavox 150aa mono amp. What would be a fair value for this my thanks in advance
  14. P

GE musaphonic 44 - is it HiFI? -frequency response range?

Hi to everyone. General Electric made a series of console phonographs, called the Musaphonic. The models 41,42,43,44 are all using the same amplifier chassis ppp 6v6. These were made in the late 40's. I believe around 1948. These were top of the line for GE. Does anyone know if the amps were...
Back
Top Bottom