Recent content by Phillyfisher

1. Phillyfisher

Denon AVR-4800 setup without remote

Try here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/38447/Denon-Avr-4800.html If it anything at all like my Denon, you will need a remote to get to the setup screen and you will need to have it connected to a TV.
  2. Phillyfisher

Which Copy of "The River" by Bruce Springsteen to Keep?

In his case, I’m betting he is thinking threesome.
  3. Phillyfisher

Songs that stab you right in the heart.

Birchoak, thanks for starting this thread, and sharing your songs. I’ve always had a bunch of songs that I’ve linked to various times in my life. But as unlikely as it sounds, Maynard Ferguson has quite a few. Reason being, I lost my dad to Alzheimer’s just after midnight, July 4th of this...
  4. Phillyfisher

It's not a gift, it's a curse

Like others have said, appreciate what you have for what it is. I have a couple different setups in my house, nothing extravagant- just stuff that is pleasing to me, I like listening to each because they each do different things better, and I appreciate them each for those reasons. Never...
  5. Phillyfisher

How long have you had your oldest (in your possession) component/speaker?

My Mission 707s are still in use here. Bought them new in 1987. Still love’em.
  6. Phillyfisher

When vintage savings evaporate

Great thread. I’m new to all of this, after just picking up an old receiver that just needed a simple fix. I’ve pulled speakers out of the neighbors trash, and cobbled together systems with some selective buys off eBay for my sons. The engineer in me simply enjoys solving problems and...
  7. Phillyfisher

What are your top 5 favorite well recorded songs?

Now there is an album I forgot about! Yes, well recorded, as well as Dan Fogelberg’s, Innocent Age album.
  8. Phillyfisher

What are your top 5 favorite well recorded songs?

Joe Jackson, Body and Soul. Any and all. But my favorite- Be My Number Two. A little more background on this album, “Released in 1984, after the worldwide success of "Night and Day" (1982), "Body and soul" was a very ambitious project. Entirely recorded in digital with 3M 32 and 4-track...
  9. Phillyfisher

Mission Owners’ Thread

First pair of Missions is my 707’s that I’ve had since 1985. Redid the foam surrounds a number of years ago, still going strong. Enjoying them with the NAD 7100 I just acquired. Home theater setup is a pair of Mission Volare V62’s with marching center, M7DS surrounds, and SVS sub driven...
  10. Phillyfisher

NAD Owner's - Unite

Actually I meant crazy=good. I definitely will consider. Just have to wait the appropriate amount of time that my wife doesn’t think I am totally insane. I love having a setup that someone looks at and says, “Holy Sh!t! I did not expect it to sound like that!” The 7100 totally made me...
  11. Phillyfisher

NAD Owner's - Unite

Ok, I’m gonna keep this thread going. Really enjoying the gamble I took on an eBay, for parts 7100. Lucky for me it was an easy fix, with some fuses, makes me wonder what happened to it in its previous life. Not more than about 30 minutes into having it up and running, I’m hearing parts...
  12. Phillyfisher

NAD 7100, no amp or preamp

Slippery slope Lee! I’ve already had a few, “never heard that before moments”, and that was with just a Bluetooth adapter. Gonna be digging out the turntable next.
  13. Phillyfisher

NAD 3020 project with CNC machined front panel

Wow. Nice job. Looks awesome, would love to hear how it sounds,
  14. Phillyfisher

My thoughts too Electone. I wish I knew why, The fuses didn’t even look cloudy. Been playing it pretty loud for an extended time with my Mission 707’s and it is barely warm. They are in a small room so 1/2 volume is pretty damn loud, especially with Maynard wailing away. I was a bit...
  15. Phillyfisher

This. Did a visual check first. All looked good. Thanks for this reminder! Did a continuity check to make sure. F501 and F502 were blown! Could not believe it. Good reminder - DO NOT TRUST YOUR EYES! And for the good news... the damn thing WORKS! Controls work smoothly, no scratchy...
Back
Top Bottom