Recent content by pilotprose

1. pilotprose

AR-4X redoping/recapping/bad pots w/pics

Do you really want to keep the pots? Just solder across them and forget about it. I have a pair as well and got tired of having to "wiggle" the control to get the audio to cut back in.
  2. pilotprose

MMC Cartridge

I have an Audio Technica AT30E/G, moving coil, of which the stylus is replaceable. You can find a replacement for it at LP Tunes. There are a couple of different stylus that are replacements for the original, which is discontinued. Nice sounding cartridge, I enjoy it very much. I have couple of...
  3. pilotprose

How did you get involved in vintage audio?

Uh, how did I get involved with vintage audio equipment. Simple, I grew up with it! I used to have people donate gear to me starting from the mid 1920's and up. This was in radios. Turntables, gosh, there were a bunch, from general consumer to top end units. I also used to repair all of the tube...
  4. pilotprose

Stolen Thorens TD-160 UPDATE....

It is NOT difficult to "get" this individual. I have had problems with military clients who purchased goods from me and then tried to stiff me. In fact, it is rather easy, just a bit time consuming. The military is NOT like it used to be, allowing their personnel to skate on issues where then...
  5. pilotprose

Moody Blues blues

The Moody Blues were excetpional in their first use of the London Symphony Orchestra as a back up. Come to think of it, Santana did the same thing. However, one of the most impressionalble things about the Moody Blues was that you had to hear them in concert. Totally fantastic! One of the few...
  6. pilotprose

How loud do you listen?

Again, depends on the type of music and the format. I have my system set up for quadraphonic playback. The amplifier is a Sansui QRX7001. The reason I mention the amplifer, is because this model has the "vario-matrix" circuitry which makes some stereo playbacks quite nice as well as very...
  7. pilotprose

Strange 8 track problem - can you figure it out?

Do a Google Search for Ken's Electronics. They will have what you want. I just purchased a belt for a Sanyo Q8 quad tape player. If you can't find it, send me a private message and I will forward the link to you.
  8. pilotprose

The TSA destroyed my turntable...

TSA? Wanna have a real fright? Did you know, that FEMA, is the only govenment organization that can SUSPEND your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS in the event of an emergency? That means consification of your firearms as well. Hide them well.
  9. pilotprose

This is worrisome- uranium smuggling..2 tons!

Hitler, during WWll, wanted to make his own version of a "dirty bomb" by having a rocket, or his Amerika Bomber, fly over and spray uranium salt over New York. No explosion required, but it sure would have made a lot of people dangerously ill and been a real nightmare to clean up. I don't know...
  10. pilotprose

cooling fans

Why go this route? Just make sure the area where you keep your equipment is cool. In other words, if you keep it in a cabinet, just vent the cabinet and put a couple of cooling fans to move the air a bit. As for fans, computer case fans could be an answer for you. They are very inexpensive and...
  11. pilotprose

ground loop?

hum here is what I did to resolve the issue. apparently, the rca cables were acting as antennas and picking up noise that was being fed into the preamp of the amplfier. this just grounded the inputs when the switch was flipped, eliminating the hum so I could use the other inputs.
  12. pilotprose

ground loop?

I have, or had the same problem with a DVD player. No matter what I did, this horrible hum was present. I solved the problem by simply building a circuit, that when I flip the swich, I terminate the inputs, or ground the input(s). The switch box is located only about six inches from the...
  13. pilotprose

70's Music Quiz

Pfffffffffffffffffft. uppppppt. cough, cough Far out, can we play it again? Huh?
  14. pilotprose

The last pictures they took before they died.

I used to live not too far from there, in Catonsville. I also used to walk the tracks from RT 40 down to Ellicott City. In the Fall of the year, it was great. Trains used to pass us all the time. I am sorry to hear that these people had lost their lives in such an unfortunate accident.
  15. pilotprose

Tony Scott Suicide

=================================================== No excuse for this. It was just plain selfish of him, doing it in a way that has possibly traumatized innocent people. This man went out on HIS own terms. You have no idea of what you are talking about when it comes to a person...
Back
Top Bottom