Recent content by pingu_turbo

1. pingu_turbo

2230 phono stage not amplifying

Thank you, I have fitted a new pair of 1N4448 (in series) to H709 and it worked. Thank you for your help.
  2. pingu_turbo

Ahh maybe that’s where I’ve gone wrong, thank you for adding that. Isn’t the 1N4448 and 1N4148 a very similar spec? Could I just add another 1N4448 in series?
  3. pingu_turbo

I recently recapped my P700 phono stage in my 2230 and now I discover I have no amplification of that board at all, in fact I have slightly louder volume if I plug my TT into the aux input. I also replaced the three diodes H707/708/709 with 1N4448 also at the same time. I did mistakenly...
  4. pingu_turbo

Leak Delta 30 refurbish

My earliest memory of my Dads hifi setup included a Leak Delta 30/70 (neither Dad or I can remember which) amplifier hooked up to a gigantic pair of Goodmans Magnums. About 10 years ago I got myself a full Leak setup, to include a Delta tuner, Leak sandwich speakers (600 series 8ohm) and hooked...
  5. pingu_turbo

Sansui AU-505 Rebuild: Is this little integrated within shouting distance of the best?

Hi Pat, just getting on with my 505 rebuild now and (I hope you don't mind)), I'd like to take some cues from your work here? My build (https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/saved-goliaths-nemesis.873238/) A couple of questions; could you advise what & how the dual diode (d001) fits...
  6. pingu_turbo

Fisher CA-100 worth the bother?

Thanks Tim, I can’t bring myself to do anything other than repair it. I’ll take it apart and see what’s what in the next few days.
  7. pingu_turbo

Fisher CA-100 worth the bother?

Hi all, I was with a friend who was buying a used motorcycle, and I got talking to the guy who was selling the bike and he ended up giving me this amplifier. He told me that one channel was quieter than the other and had always liked it. It looks in a pretty poor state so I'll give it a clean...
  8. pingu_turbo

2230 gone a bit flat & quiet

Thanks for the reply EastPoint, that is useful info. I'll start another list at Mouser, seems like theres always a running list of parts needed from that place! I saw your guide on the Marantz section and it would have been something I wish I had access to 8 years ago when I worked on this...
  9. pingu_turbo

Thank you, I have ordered some plus a few other parts to update the phono board. I have received the replacement transistors for pos H802 & H803. Here is the P800 board on test during fault finding Cleaning the pots of the three tone controls I removed and tested H802 & H803 and found...
  10. pingu_turbo

Ok, Like these? https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Vishay-General-Semiconductor/UF4005-M3-54/?qs=9h5moqLwYqTpMdQjjycS8A%3D%3D
  11. pingu_turbo

Yes there isn't much to that board luckily. I'm probably going to renew the carbon resistors and look at some soft recovery diodes to replace the existing. Any suggestions on that score?
  12. pingu_turbo

Thank you for the reply. I have done this and the sound is ok, thanks. I searched the forum and found this thread (https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-2230-no-tone-control.797279/) and it seems the exact same thing that is wrong with my receiver. I measured 9.1v on J808 on...
  13. pingu_turbo

Thank you for the reply. I have a DMM and the availability of a scope but no knowledge to use it. I have just powered it up this evening with no load and confirmed the sound through headphones. Tone controls do nothing at all, I did recap the 'P400 tone amplifier' a few years ago and I'm...
  14. pingu_turbo

Hello all, A few years ago I did some restoration on my late grandfathers 2230 and I love it! A few months ago I went to use it and I was aware that it had gone quieter and flatter (like there was no tone board) and would occasionally cut in for a few seconds and be loud and fuller and cut out...
Back
Top Bottom