Recent content by Pinkfloyd4ev

1. Pinkfloyd4ev

Luxman R-115 and DZ-112 CD player

Just figured out that I don’t have the static/distortion problem when listening in CD Direct mode! Now she’s singing like I expected! That makes me feel better, and tells me it very likely is just that the tone defeat switch needs cleaning. I love that the Loudness still works in CD direct
  2. Pinkfloyd4ev

Yeah honestly, I’m happy I got the CDP just because that system remote functionality is so cool for its time. Plus I couldn’t bear to be the one to separate matching vintage components from each other. Not sure about the RC-501 or 503 compatibility. Back to the receiver though. After some...
  3. Pinkfloyd4ev

Sound of Yamaha M-60 vs Luxman R-115/R-117

So I got the R-115 that was for sale locally. The seller was a little bit manic to deal with but I got it and it works. Also got a matching Luxman DZ-112 CD player from the same era. Both the receiver and CDP included the original remotes and original boxes and packaging. The receiver even had...
  4. Pinkfloyd4ev

Right, I gathered that it wasn't anything super special from my searches on here. Again, it's more an aesthetically driven purchase. Yeah, the R-115 has all the remote control connections for other Luxman components, and mine came with all the cables to do so.
  5. Pinkfloyd4ev

Well I got them both. I feel good about it. Thanks for the links, Blue Shadow, I think I'll take a shot at it myself then. They both came not only with remotes, but with the original box and all the original packaging. Should help the resale value if I ever decide to sell. If I would've known...
  6. Pinkfloyd4ev

Hmm well that’s cryptic
  7. Pinkfloyd4ev

So i found an R-115 (supposedly 100% working, incl remote) for $175. Seller agreed to $150. Then this morning I see they have a matching DZ-112 CD player (including remote) listed for $90. Seller says it needs a new tray eject belt, but otherwise works well. Not sure I’m comfortable fixing that...
  8. Pinkfloyd4ev

Oh I know! That was one of the other reasons I went looking for the best late 80s and 90s stuff I forgot to mention before.
  9. Pinkfloyd4ev

Hah alrighty. Don’t worry, they’re way out of my price range anyway. But those are some nice meters. Thanks for the advice. I should’ve mentioned, even before the baby I never listened at volumes most would call loud. Loud for me is 80db, 85at most. I was just wondering if the extra power...
  10. Pinkfloyd4ev

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m looking to narrow my options, not add to them. Plus I still listen to a couple local FM stations and and integrated would require me to add a separate tuner. That’s why the NAD 1600 is awesome. Haha and he’ll learn to open the door the first time he sees me...
  11. Pinkfloyd4ev

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about issues on the M60 or R-117 (but maybe with the R-115). The M60 is from a good tech, and he already removed the corrosive glue, replaced failed, rebiased, and tested. I'm not seeing any R-117s on the 'bay or any other of the used marketplaces, so I'd be getting...
  12. Pinkfloyd4ev

So I know this is kind of asking for an apples to oranges to clementines comparison, but bear with me. I currently have separates, and my power amp is an Aiyima A07. It's actually amazingly good for $80 or whatever it was, especially after swapping out the stock op amps for OPA2227s. But it’s...
  13. Pinkfloyd4ev

500C/800C: 6HR6 Versus 6AH6

Thanks for this post, Dave. Super helpful. I prefer this type of technical analysis of a problem over the sketchy "tribal knowledge" that led to the previously recommended 6HR6 substitutes. Just got my 500c back from my local expert vintage stereo tech (Mike Missel, for any of you that happen...
  14. Pinkfloyd4ev

Tekton Owners Thread

I don’t mean to be rude scorpio, but I’m confused by tour last paragraph. How does the roofing experience relate to Tekton?
  15. Pinkfloyd4ev

500-C Restore Part List

Cool, thanks Larry! .068uf and 220kΩ it is
Back
Top Bottom