Recent content by Pioneer Vir

1. Pioneer Vir

Where to go in DC

In addition to all of the above. Holocaust Musuem. Warning - it will likely hit hard.
  2. Pioneer Vir

Pioneer Silver... - I did post it in Dollars & Sense. Someone moved it to Barter Town.

Pioneer Silver... - I did post it in Dollars & Sense. Someone moved it to Barter Town.
  3. Pioneer Vir

Knob polish

Ahhooga! Ahhooga! Dive! Dive!
  4. Pioneer Vir

Fisher TFM-300 Tuner Voltage Issue / Question

Dead / zilch / nothing. Tried all settings (Muting On, Muting Off, Stereo, Mono, etc.) and running cables to different amp inputs, etc. Verified amp and cables are working correctly with a different tuner. Stereo Beacon indicator constantly on and Signal Strength meter pegged to the right. Dial...
  5. Pioneer Vir

Dave, 1. Voltage readings have all been taken in accordance with the schematic guidance. 2. I don't think there have been any high voltages from R14 but I'm not 100% sure. So, it's possible. I understand the points that you are making. 3. Understand. I have been concentrating on getting...
  6. Pioneer Vir

I'll give it a try and see what happens.
  7. Pioneer Vir

I'm with you Larry. Scratching my head at this point also. I'll replace the rectifier and re-check voltages. It's set up for the "B" Run for the +22V. At this point, I wonder if it's worth a try to go ahead and set it up for "A" Run and see what happens... ? I appreciate all of your help...
  8. Pioneer Vir

C2C bypassed with an axial 50uF / 450 volt capacitor. Note: Both 3T and 3Y on IF board reconnected. Selenium rectifier not replaced yet. RF B+ = 109.5 volts Oscillator / Mixer B+ = 89.2 volts Positive terminal of 50uF / 450 volt axial capacitor = 96.1 volts C8 / R13 = 12.5 volts C9 / R14 =...
  9. Pioneer Vir

What are you listening to right now the second you see this post

Carole King - I Feel the Earth Move on Daisy Jones and The Six.
  10. Pioneer Vir

C2 is a new CE Manufacturing can. That doesn't mean there couldn't be a problem with it. I'm pretty sure I have a cap that I can use as a bypass cap though and I will do this and take voltage readings. I have the bridge for the selenium replacement, just haven't done it yet.
  11. Pioneer Vir

3Y lifted: - 3Y unconnected wire: 32.71 volts - 3W: 12.06 volts - 3T: 32.83 volts 3T lifted: - 3Y: 14.13 volts - 3W: 11.76 volts - 3T unconnected wire: 20.67 volts
  12. Pioneer Vir

I'll jump on this in the morning and let you know the results.
  13. Pioneer Vir

Larrry - appreciate your time on this. MPX & Q2 connected - Q1 removed: 11.31 volts MPX & Q1 connected - Q2 removed: 11.29 volts Don
  14. Pioneer Vir

Voltage readings at R14 4.7K resistor and C9 1,000uF capacitor: - Q1, Q2 and MPX wires all connected: 10.52 volts - Q2 wire removed (Q1 and MPX connected): 11.27 volts - Q2 wire and MPX wire removed (Q1 connected): 56.4 volts - Q1, Q2 and MPX wires removed: 96.1 volts Don
  15. Pioneer Vir

Makes sense. I will report back on the results. Pretty sure I have 2N2924's on hand.
Back
Top Bottom