playittwice
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yes... I have heard 9090DB.. the Seven sounds better. Sansui rcvrs are Sooo much cheaper, more reliable than tubes. and as a ham radio operator I enjoy tuning stations. Seven has an Excellant tuner.. equal or better than the Eight. I still like tubes.. keeping FM3, PAS3 Stereo 70.. and a friend is sending me a dead Sansui 1000A... a complex challange.
    Enjoy your Seven and Klipsch. Should be a good combo.
    Thanks for your note on Sansui singles. Over the last 76 years I've owned prob 35 different pieces of McIntosh and Marantz.. trans and tube gear.. all are gone. Kept the late 60's - early 70's Sansui's.

I think I need a translation of THF2's last post. Why did he need price est from us ? Owner offered to him and then kept the Six ?

I'm lost.
    playittwice
    playittwice
    I’m with you, lost. Don’t get the matter of the post either. That’s why I deleted my post!

I have the Seven and really enjoy it. I actually sold my restored 9090 and AU 9500 in favor of the Seven. Just a pleasure to listen to. I still like the tube sound with my Klipsch, but it’s nice to have a both for a variety.
    playittwice
    playittwice
    So, why did you give up on tubes, if I may ask? Just wondering.
    I've got an S5500 If you're still looking.

Jeremy
    playittwice
    playittwice
    Does it have 7189 OP tubes? I thought the 5500 had 7868 or 7591’s?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom