Recent content by Plumberboy1

1. P

Wild Early 70s Hard Rock

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=Awr9NVUy.iVdHlMAPQg0nIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTBncGdyMzQ0BHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEdnRpZAM-;_ylc=X1MDMTM1MTE5NTcwMARfcgMyBGFjdG4DY2xrBGNzcmNwdmlkA29XZ3BrVEV3TGpMaTQybWZYQ0ZGUUFBbk1qWXdNQUFBQUFDODk3aTQEZnIDeWhzLWFyaC0wMDEEZnIyA3NhLWdwBGdwcmlkA240ZzdMWjZPU0RTcDFXQkR2YnZ1RE...
  2. P

Which of these tube amps should I get?

I vote for you to purchase a kit from Bob Latino and build it. You will learn a skill and patience too, no telling how the bug will bite you. There's nothing like a snoot full of solder while building it too. LOL Buy the ST70 kit with the cap upgrade and the bias board kit while purchasing...
  3. P

List of DACs Under $450

There is a lot of reading here about DACS. Are there any vacuum tube DAC kits?
  4. P

Grafyx SP 10 speakers

So just for fun, I made a silicone mold of the Philips tweeter mounting plate and made one by adding some red dye and some very fine gold powder to the resin. There are lots of cool things you can make using resin including a guy that makes a mold of an original rare record and makes very nice...
  5. P

Wild Early 70s Hard Rock

This band is Spirit. This song is titled 1984. A cut that has to do with Orson Wells 1984, Well...I think it is anyway.
  6. P

Wild Early 70s Hard Rock

Cactus One Way Or Another
  7. P

Wild Early 70s Hard Rock

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-arh-001&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=arh&p=Roadmaster+sweet+music+you+tube#id=1&vid=f384bc1472bfe4dd0710500a71bb9161&action=click Here is a band from Indiana. They made 5 albums. They were from the mid 70's to 80's.
  8. P

Grafyx SP 10 speakers

I was the most impressed as most everyone else was with this pair of speakers from ZU. I think they are around 4K for a pair. My Grafyx still have better bass though.
  9. P

Grafyx SP 10 speakers

HOORAY! I found the original sheet that lists this speakers specifications. Thought you all might like to know. I joined a Audio/Video club here in Arizona. I attended a speakerfest. There were some very nice speakers to listen to, but I still like the way my SP 10's sound. I had to make...
  10. P

Bob Latino Dynaco ST 70 amp build

https://decalprofx.com/ That looks really good, Jim. If you purchase the Decal Pro kit you can create your own dry transfers to add the Dynaco info back on it.
  11. P

Grafyx SP 10 speakers

I would like to replace the capacitors and such in the SP 10 crossovers. I am curious as to how the red coils can be read. I have a couple of meters but can't figure it out. I tried to do the test to see if the circuit is closed and it would at least beep. The meter does not beep. I think...
  12. P

The bias issue seems to be with the meter. I have used it very little and attempted to refer to the manual for it. I have the tubes dialed in to .499 to .502. It will take some breaking in and the bias will be checked often. I did as a member suggested. I have a 12BH7 in the middle and...
  13. P

I finished putting the amplifier together. It might not be the prettiest inside but it does sound really good. I am frustrated that for some reason I can't seem to adjust the bias on the right channel. It seems strange that the meter seems to function properly on the left channel but not on...
  14. P

I already have a brand new set of EL34's and I purchased 3 matching 12AU7 tubes. I did follow your advice. I purchased a quad set factory matched and supposedly a 24 hour burn in for $130.00 and free postage from a Ohio seller on Ebay...
  15. P

SO....I should solder on both sides?
Back
Top Bottom