Recent content by pmartel60

1. P

Anybody from the GTA (greater Toronto area)

In Toronto, Baech area
  2. P

Been a while since here

Hi All; Been a while since I've been here and a few changes in the set up Last year, FINALLY bought a new CD player and got a Denon DCD 600ne to which I absolutely love I also found a Marantz 1070 and now my reference amp, basically a stock amp with some repalced parts through Ring Audio here...
  3. P

Mac Mini m1

Hi all; So wondering who here has a Mac Mini M1 Just got mine 2 months ago and really like it My main complaint is no optical output or 192Khz as in my 2015 MacBook Pro Got a work around for that as use my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd generation mic preamp at 192khz, DRASTIC improvement over...
  4. P

Is there a Mac Mini M1 thread??

Will be doing audio/video editing and potentially setting up a music server I sue Adobe Audition as my main editing program for audio VOX and VLC are my music streamer players
  5. P

Is there a Mac Mini M1 thread??

Hi All; I'm expecting delivery of a new Mac Mini M1 Maxed out the memory at 16GB and a 1TB hard drive Looking for a thread on this and hope to find one as many plans for this Thanks so much
  6. P

Denon DCD-600NE CD player

The Onkyo is $400 Canadian, and very hard to find here I got the Denon for $300 with tax extra of course My turntable is a modded Thorens TD160 with Shure ME95HE and the Denon makes me want to convert what vinyl I have to CD just for the fun of it to see how it would be Agreed, my Denon is much...
  7. P

Hey, I bought the player and so far so good in a month Using the internal dac with my Marantz 2230 and recently acquired BeyerDynamics DT 100 headphones Absolutely GLORIOUS sound NOW, let's HOPE it will last 20 years as I'm 63 They really focused on the internal dac and analog outputs
  8. P

Radio Shack Accurian Amplifier as headphone amp

Hey all; I have a Radio Shack Accurian amplifier that I want to rresurect as a headphone amp Problem, no headphone jack Suggestions as it could be a great amp for such a project using both high and low impedance headphones I am a complete klutz in building an adapter and note the old 'Can...
  9. P

Hi all; I am looking at the Denon DCD 600E CD player. Does anyone have one of these and if so how do you like it as it seems excellent value for money in Canada I truly wished I had bought the Onkyo 7030, but it now costs $100 more than a year ago Currently using a Pioneer DV490 DVD...
  10. P

BeyerDynamic DT150 400 ogm with Marzanzt 2230

Hi all So I have a a vintage Marantz 2230 receiver and looking at a pair of BeyerDynamic DT150 400 ohm headphones Will there be a problem driving these headphones with the Marantz and also looking at the DT 100's as wel Yoyr advice is always greatly appreciated BTW, sorry for the typo in...
  11. P

Newer budget bluray players as cd player/transport and SACD capable

Yes, everything is now so disposable which is sad. I'm curious to see the life span in this player before it dies. It's only issue us that the disc MUST BE SPOTLESS before playing, otherwise oh the sound
  12. P

I have am SMSL Sanskrit 10 dac. My forts real dac with optical and coax inputs so I'm good that way and will be curious to try on newer players The sound coming from my JVC VX511G via optical is really lovely and incredibly involving
  13. P

Will be looking for one of those for sure
  14. P

What Hi-Fi gave this a great review and sells for $300 CAD and has potential, really curious about this one, Thanks I should add that I prefer to actually play my cd's even though I archive them. I've found that there is a difference in sound from software based playback and physical media and...
  15. P

Hi; Much as I would love to have a new dedicated cd player i'm finding the price on budget players getting really high The Onkyo 7030 going for nearly $400 CAD Decided to pull out my super vintage JVC dvd player and take the optical output to my SMSL Samskrit 10 dac While not hires, a very nice...
Back
Top Bottom