Recent content by PMP

1. PMP

Wifi powerline extender creating noise through amp/pre-amp

Originally I had a tp-link wifi extender: one plug was in the house with an Ethernet cable plugged into it from the router. The other 'plug' was is the man cave plugged into the power out there. When I paired them, a buzz started in the speakers, every 3 seconds, like a metronome. The second I...
  2. PMP

Hi all, so an update re the buzzing from the wifi extender. I got an apple airport express, plugged in the Ethernet cable and created a new wifi network and the buzz stopped instantly. Tp-Link as been sent back and I can return to buzz free listening. If any of you are having the buzz issue...
  3. PMP

That sounds complicated/expensive, but most likely because I don't know what that is. I'll try the airport express, should be here tomorrow, and see if that helps. Thanks again, Peter
  4. PMP

That's the issue, it's a separate outbuilding with one circuit so can't get away from that. I'll keep you posted to see if the airport express resolves the issue as that won't be using the circuit to create wifi.
  5. PMP

I think that's the real issue. I have a 'listening room/office' in the garden so to have wi-fi in there I need the extender on the circuit and can't put it in a different room as there's only one! I've ordered and airport express as the router and Ethernet from the house comes through a time...
  6. PMP

Understood. I've learnt something new there! Thank you.
  7. PMP

Thanks for the info. I'll have a go and report back.
  8. PMP

Sorry for the huge text. Copy and pasted the details and couldn't get it smaller!
  9. PMP

Hi all, got a random one here! I've just installed the following: TP-Link TL-WPA4220KIT 2-Port wifi Powerline Adapter and it's intefering with the output from the amp. It's one of those wifi things that extends your wifi via the power/wall sockets. Anyone else ever had this and did you manage...
  10. PMP

Tonearm buzz on SME M2-9

To all who have contributed to this thread, I want to say a massive. massive thank you! This morning I added a piece of wire from the chassis to the screening can, and boom! As silent as a Benedictine Monastery. No hum, however loud I turn up the amp or where I move the tonearm. How this was...
  11. PMP

Tonearm buzz on SME M2-9

That was my dry British sense of humour missing the mark: so incompetence of a sort. ;)
  12. PMP

Tonearm buzz on SME M2-9

Time to hit the hay here in the UK. Thanks guys for all your help, very much appreciated. I'll keep you posted on, hopefully, progress tomorrow.
  13. PMP

Tonearm buzz on SME M2-9

Not sure if that relates to me or the 'pro' who set the arm up!
  14. PMP

Tonearm buzz on SME M2-9

To be 100% sure so I don't mess it up. Is that the SME wire that is currently attached to the screening can to move to the chassis of the TT? Worth checking than messing anything up. I almost dropped the whole deck when I opened the base up earlier. And before you ask, yes, I did remove the...
  15. PMP

Tonearm buzz on SME M2-9

The one that came with the SME tonearm. It has an outline of the arm on it and it was quite a bit out.
Back
Top Bottom