Recent content by Poasttoastie

1. Poasttoastie

Is there a switch that allows using multi Receivers to one set of speakers?

So if I am following you correctly, I can take a speaker distribution switch and go in the speakers outputs with the Receivers and connect my speakers where the Receivers should connect keeping the polarity correct on the receiver outputs to the speakers inputs . I just want to make sure I do...
  2. Poasttoastie

Thank you all for the replies. No Tube equipment will be used. I Just have a SX-1980, 1280 and a 1250 that I want to connect up to the same speakers which are a pair Pioneer 1500's and a pair of C.V. D9's . Just want to play one Receiver at a low riot level so I can keep the neighbors happy.
  3. Poasttoastie

I have more than one Receiver and would like to be able to cut down on speaker clutter and just run them all one at a time through one set of speakers. Is there a Multi Receiver switch offered by someone like speakers switches? If so, can you link me to one? TIA
  4. Poasttoastie

Where do I use Wima's on a sx1280?

This would be a great list to have filed away for a restoration for sure.
  5. Poasttoastie

Best replacement wire for vintage Pioneers like the 1250, 1280 and 1980 series

Was wondering if anyone has sourced replacement wiring for the SX-1250, 1280 and 1980 Receivers? When removing components to replace parts and clean, we all know that wires sometimes have to become unwrapped from their pins. In the process they break, which means you hope you have enough...
  6. Poasttoastie

SX-950 Restore - Was in a fire

This is a definite "restoration" thread and not a troubleshoot and replace broken parts thread. :thumbsup:
  7. Poasttoastie

In case anyone who is curios to know what is inside a SX-1980 PNP and NPN Amp Output

Yes,they were very blown. I must have tested them 10 times with 3 different Transistor testers to make sure they were and was in hopes they were good. Ha! Ha! It's amazing how something so small electrically can create so much heat and cause so much heartache and damage when they burnout or...
  8. Poasttoastie

In case anyone who is curios to know what is inside a SX-1980 PNP and NPN Amp Output

I had some bad SX-1980 PNP and NPN outputs. Since I was sitting around bored, I decided to see what they look like on the inside. Here it is if anyone else was ever curious but not as bored as I am to take it apart to have a look see. : ):D:D
  9. Poasttoastie

Who were authorized "big box" retailers of high end Pioneer in 1978

Bought my wife's first "Promise ring" at Service Merchandise. She lost it sunbathing. Bought a second one she didn't lose and still has in her jewelry box today. And I was 19 and broke too so I know where you are coming from. Ha! Ha!
  10. Poasttoastie

Mica pads to Thermal pad replacements for SX-1980

Thanks for the replies. The original Mica pads worry me because they are very brittle and showing what looks like separation bubbles in them. I have been thinking about converting the outputs like what I read in Echowars and your posts Markthefixer . If I go that route, should I just order the...
  11. Poasttoastie

Mica pads to Thermal pad replacements for SX-1980

Has anyone got a Mouser or Digi- Key part number for Thermal Pads to replace cracked and broken Mica pads on the SX-1980/SX1280 Heatsink Outputs? Thanks in advance !
  12. Poasttoastie

Who were authorized "big box" retailers of high end Pioneer in 1978

They are out of Business now but, Service Merchandise was a big box store that sold Pioneer Receivers including the 1280 and 1980's. Then here locally you had Hooper Electronics which had 4 or 5 locations statewide who sold Pioneer and serviced them also.
Back
Top Bottom