"Vintage CD players." LOL. Nov 17, 2017 at 4:12 PM

Poinzy was last seen:
Nov 17, 2017 at 5:01 PM
    1. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      "Vintage CD players." LOL.
    2. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      I'd be surprised if the people at U-Turn even knew what "effective tonearm length" meant.
    3. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      And that's all I'm going to say about the Reloop. All may infer whatever they like from the comment.
    4. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Involving?
    5. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      I love newbies when they have their "You know what? Vinyl actually sucks!" moment.
    6. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Let me see, do I have to prove that I own a cassette deck to the moderators?
    7. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      I really care about audio. That's why I'm recording stuff on cassette tape. Lol.
    8. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Cassettes: respecting sound quality, i'ts now a race to the bottom
    9. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Cassettes, for people who didn't get the memo about thumb drives.
    10. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Currently reviewing my entire collection of restored audio files, particularly the ones remastered from mono to stereo.
    11. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Don't want to be accused by the moderator of "crapping the thread" or something, so I'm only posting once.
    12. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      For people who live in mortal fear of standards of proof, the internet offers many safe havens. It makes Michael Fremer possible.
    13. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      "Advise" is a verb. "Advice" is a noun.
    14. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      And I would have posted this stuff in the regular forum, but I didn't want to be accused of being a meany-pants.
    15. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      If only the speaker drivers vibrated, decoupling stands wouldn't be necessary.
    16. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Speaker decouplers are designed to control secondary resonances associated with cabinet vibration. They give you cleaner playback.
    17. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Running controlled experiments is hard work, which is why most audiophiles don't bother.
    18. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      If my single post, in turn, gets responses, they'll just go unanswered.
    19. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Based on what I've read, it seems the easiest way to avoid violating forum rules is to respond/post only ONCE per thread.
    20. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Remember, if the seller calls his piece of crap "vintage", it suddenly becomes a great piece of gear and a collector's item.
  • About

Home Page:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLBqen7AuDfqSlCzOi_r7ZQ
    Audio Technician
    Call me an audiophile, I dare you.

I'm an audio technician. Mostly, I just twist the dials for the people who do the real work. The last big project I did was engineering for a physicist doing a sound-level profile of Orchestra Hall for the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.

My studio systems are all SS, with, for the most part, digital playback. I only ride the vinyl bus when I have to do the occasional audio restoration project. To me, turntables are just tools for getting the job done. I'm a digital guy at heart.

The oldest things in my home studio right now: a Dual 1229 turntable and a pair of KEF 2-way, 8-inch floor-standers in custom cabs.

Recommended book for vintage-heads: 'Radiotron Designer's Handbook', published by RCA. It's available as a free download. Just Google the title.

Recommended site: 'Wireless World' http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Wireless_World_Magazine.htm

Signature

I rip and restore shellac and vinyl recordings.
    Science brings the evil of credibility to the Enchanted Forest of subjectivism.