Jul 18, 2018 at 6:58 PM
Albums:

Followers 1

Home Page:
Audio Technician

Share This Page

Poinzy

Super Member, Male, from SE Michigan

So many pros use audio interfaces with Windows that, if they thought bit depth was affected by OS gain, they'd scream bloody murder. Jul 18, 2018 at 6:39 PM

Poinzy was last seen:
Jul 18, 2018 at 6:58 PM
    1. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      There's nothing less interesting to me than starting an argument, regardless of circumstances.
    2. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Looks like the boss laid down the law to the forum moderators; they're suddenly showing up in force. Lol.
    3. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      There is no power cord "abyss".
    4. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      If people did just a little bit of technical background reading, they could save themselves a lot of time and expense.
    5. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Technology: Maybe it's time to ask why a lot of it isn't used anymore.
    6. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      People worry about economizing on digital audio file storage space. Then they go out and buy hundreds 12" vinyl LP's.
    7. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      FLAC? Frankly, I can't see the point right now. When I think I'm about to hit audio file storage limitations, I get another hard drive.
    8. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      All lossy compressed audio sucks. It's just a matter of how BAD it sucks. Could I say this in the digital forum? Of course not.
    9. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      You can't reproduce test conditions or test results using adjectives, the stuff on which The Absolute Sound thrives.
    10. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Unfortunately, on public forums, the opinions of the knowledgeable and the opinions of the ignorant are weighted equally.
    11. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Rumble, another reason to stick to digital.
    12. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Vinyl -- the audio stone out of which one attempts to squeeze blood.
    13. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Meanwhile, my newest CD player only cost a little over $200. My newest audio interface only cost $100.
    14. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Nice to discover that the ASIO driver written by another company works in your brand of audio interface.
    15. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      I'm trying to keep the number of preamps down in my recording rig. This problem has turned into quite the bitch.
    16. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      First, you need to get some audiophile ground wire, made of hand-woven Japanese copper, only $500 a foot. Michael Fremer swears by it.
    17. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Millenials discover defects in vinyl records for the first time, forced to take traumatic journey back to Earth.
    18. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Doing noise reduction exercises with my recording rig.
    19. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      Watch -- somebody's going to start an argument about stylus pressure gauges. Three, two, one....
    20. Poinzy
      Poinzy
      You care a lot more about your problem than I do. I will, at most, make a suggestion or two, then move on.
  • About

Home Page:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLBqen7AuDfqSlCzOi_r7ZQ
    Audio Technician
    Call me an audiophile, I dare you.

I'm an audio technician. Mostly, I just twist the dials for the people who do the real work. Projects have included engineering for a physicist doing a sound-level profile of Orchestra Hall for the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
    My studio systems are all SS, with, for the most part, digital playback. I only ride the vinyl short bus when I have to do the occasional audio restoration project. To me, turntables are just tools for getting the job done. I'm a digital guy at heart. The oldest things in my collection right now: a Dual 1229 turntable (permanently retired) and a pair of KEF 2-way, 8-inch floor-standers in custom cabs. My desktop monitors are JBL LSR305's, hitched to a dbx 231s EQ.

Recommended book for vintage-heads: 'Radiotron Designer's Handbook', published by RCA. It's available as a free download. Just Google the title.
    Recommended site: 'Wireless World' http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Wireless_World_Magazine.htm

Signature

Any halfwit can claim a discovery. Getting one's peers to confirm the discovery, let alone apply it, takes brains.