Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• There's no way to prevent damage to vinyl records. You can only minimize it. 2 things that help: good stylus condition and low VTF.
    Vinyl fans are still debating technical issues that were settled decades ago, by engineers with sophisticated lab equipment.
    Digital is Monty Python's King Arthur to vinyl's Black Knight. Vinyl's single virtue is it's complete refusal to accept defeat.
    Vinyl damage starts the very first time you set the needle on a pristine record, even at the lightest tracking force. Sorry, vinyl fans.
    I encourage people NOT to just take my word for anything. Look up the information yourself. (I say this, despite knowing it won't happen.)
    That "magic" you think you hear in the sound of an idler-wheel turntable is probably rumble.
    Despite the warning not to judge a book by its cover, people will, nevertheless, judge a book, or anything else, primarily by its cover.
    A civilian places a great deal of stock in appearance when he buys audio gear, at least as much as he does in actual performance.
    Those who sell audio gear to pros and those who sell audio gear to civilians are marketing to different demographic groups.
    What unbelievably crude pieces of technology turntables are. The cynic in me is pleased to see people being gulled into buying them.
    If I even think an argument about Behringer is brewing, I won't go near it. Life is too short.
    One problem with free-access threads: with everybody piling on, a problem can end up looking a lot more complicated than it actually is.
    With one post per thread, I minimize the chance of being accused by another poster, or a moderator, of starting an argument.
    My father's having his Hafler amps reconditioned. They're playing 1.5dB less loud than their normal house-quaking levels. This is important.
    The next tt purchase is going to be a Technics SL1200GR. The sound is still going to suck, but I still need the best archiver I can afford.
    If you're not willing to spend more than $300 on a turntable, you might as well give up and spend the money on a CD player.
    I'm guessing that the best answer now is: "Adult-education classes at a community college."
    There's such a thing as "burning in" electronic equipment. You do that by running it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom