Recent content by Porkbuns

1. P

Luxman L-110 repair help and advice needed!

If the outputs are good chances are it's the 2SC1345s and 2SA836s going wonky on the power amp board, input board, and protection board. Heat kills this thing too so make sure to swap out the caps that control the timer on the relay.
  2. P

Kenwood KA-8300 Left Channel dead, Right Channel Pops

It's 100% solder joints usually. 8300s had bad soldering.
  3. P

Realistic STA 2100D amp layout

5.2VDC... Wait both amps are 5.2V??
  4. P

HifiEngine Contact

Frustratingly a Nakamichi 1000 (non II) service manual/schematic. It is very frustrating though since I just woke up one morning and no more HE. RIP
  5. P

That's... very very weird. Can you measure the pins on the relay or from the amps? What's the DC offset on the relay?
  6. P

Divisiveness and self loathing in audio

Most of the assumptions of the "asshole" audiophiles tend to err on being ardent gatekeepers of certain things. You know the guys, the big money for marginal performance guys. I don't have anything against them, but the money being swung around invites particular attitudes whether or not it's...
  7. P

HifiEngine Contact

Unfortunate, just one day out of the blue I can't access it. I only used it maybe a total of 10 times in the last 6 months.
  8. P

Are old sealed blank tapes/reels useable?

With the exception of some old LPR35 LR35, Scotch 226/227/996/997 and Ampex 406/456/407/457/499/GP9 most tapes are fine. There's a handful of TDK tapes that will squeal. Oh and the Sony backcoated is to be avoided. The rest are fine.
  9. P

What happens when you pull out the outputs? The 2100D is pretty well known to take out emitters when it dies along with a shorted dual diode setup. If I remember correctly the amps are interchangeable on these units. It could be a damaged output as the I remember the output stage can oscillate...
  10. P

To cap or recap that is the question?

CS99as definitely need some crossover caps. I'd just swap out the electrolytics as those are *looooong* gone
  11. P

And you get the same sort of suspicion in those particular groups as well. I mean part of it is envy, but I think it's a bit odd to say that the gatekeeping is just from people who don't have it.Considering how extensive the chase is for gear, it's pretty clear that "not" having something will...
  12. P

HifiEngine Contact

Might consider it, but very frustrating as I need a few schematics for some projects.
  13. P

I mean sorta? But it's also not hard to see why people think audiophiles are snobs when you can sink so much money into the hobby you know?
  14. P

HifiEngine Contact

That uhh, seems counterintuitive but also plausible.
Back
Top Bottom