Poultrygeist's Recent Activity

1. Poultrygeist liked darkblue94's post in the thread I've learned that opinions of speakers should always be taken with a grain of salt, for this reason.

If the first watt sucks then another two or three hundred is gonna suck too. :smoke:

Aug 16, 2018 at 4:45 AM
  2. Poultrygeist replied to the thread Our precious puss is very ill..

great news!!!

Aug 16, 2018 at 4:39 AM
  3. Poultrygeist attached a file to the thread Are these cork panels any good for sound absorption?.

Cork backing on open baffle speakers [ATTACH]

PB230008.jpg Aug 16, 2018 at 4:24 AM
  4. Poultrygeist replied to the thread DIY speakers you've drooled over but have yet to build!.

You don't sound like a speaker builder either. :)

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:24 PM
  5. Poultrygeist replied to the thread Super efficient small speakers?.

I would consider the 4 inch Fostex FE126EN drivers in Frugal Horns efficient at 93 dbs whereas the Aerial Acoustics I owned and sold...

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:12 PM
  6. Poultrygeist replied to the thread Bucket Sub Revisited.

The ability to play loud is not the same as preferring music played at extremely loud levels. My 100 watt plate amp powering two bucket...

Aug 15, 2018 at 6:26 PM
  7. Poultrygeist attached a file to the thread What does everyone own for tube gear!.

Dared 2a3c SET [ATTACH]

P6030037.jpg Aug 15, 2018 at 5:19 AM
  8. Poultrygeist replied to the thread DIY speakers you've drooled over but have yet to build!.

I've been in touch with a guy in Augusta who says he can supply the parts for the C Horn. I have the drivers but I'm not sure this build...

Aug 15, 2018 at 4:47 AM
  9. Poultrygeist replied to the thread Super efficient small speakers?.

Not sure of the efficiency of these small Fostex speakers but in near field with low power I understand they're impressive. Adding a sub...

Aug 15, 2018 at 4:35 AM
  10. Poultrygeist attached a file to the thread Any experience with Class D amps and impressions?.

Another example of a class D TPA3116 powered by a linear regulated power supply ( heavy iron ). [ATTACH]

P3220030.jpg Aug 14, 2018 at 7:12 PM
  11. Poultrygeist replied to the thread Any experience with Class D amps and impressions?.

I use Astron linear power supplies with class D amps ( see post 82 and 83 ). You can readily hear the improved SQ vs a SMPS.

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:08 PM
  12. Poultrygeist replied to the thread Bucket Sub Revisited.

FWIW Ed likes his music much louder than I would ever be comfortable with.

Aug 14, 2018 at 4:46 PM
  13. Poultrygeist replied to the thread Bucket Sub Revisited.

Hadn't read Ed's comments in the second link but he's pretty emphatic about not changing anything with his the design. He was that way...

Aug 14, 2018 at 6:58 AM
  14. Poultrygeist replied to the thread S/Q degradation using this RCA Selector vs ....

Less costly than the Niles switcher is this Nobsound L Passive Selector. At $45 it's an inexpensive way to add 3 sources plus a...

Aug 14, 2018 at 6:12 AM
  15. Poultrygeist liked louisjames's post in the thread Rediscovering an old friend ( Audio GD NFB 12 ).

Kingwa knows his DACs and builds a great product. I'm on my 3rd. And as many have said - - it's not just the chip but the...

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:30 PM