1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Poultrygeist's Recent Activity

1. Poultrygeist liked john111/LZ's post in the thread TPA 3116 vs the tripaths.

Nowhere near as knowledgable as you guys are but must say i really like this thread,even though sometimes i dont understand what your...

Oct 17, 2018 at 6:59 AM
  2. Poultrygeist attached a file to the thread Wild Burro open baffles.

To get more bass I made some new baffles for the Betsy and added Eminence Alpha 15A woofers. Baffle size becomes less important when...

PB230002.jpg Oct 17, 2018 at 6:25 AM
  3. Poultrygeist attached a file to the thread Wild Burro open baffles.

I built the Betsy's around eight years ago as my first venture into open baffles. Powered them with a APPJ/Miniwatt tube amp of 2.5...

HPIM3956.jpg Oct 17, 2018 at 6:16 AM
  4. Poultrygeist replied to the thread How good are Class D amplifiers now?.

I wouldn't expect everyone to appreciate creativity and art in everyday objects so here's one less whimsical and more mainstream. [IMG]

Oct 16, 2018 at 12:10 PM
  5. Poultrygeist replied to the thread How good are Class D amplifiers now?.

Not a kit but more a work of art - Fleawatt's steam punk class D. [IMG]

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:54 AM
  6. Poultrygeist liked E.Auer's post in the thread Technics SL-P1300.

Cool Technics. I would hook it up to a Topping D30 and call it a day. Eric

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:15 AM
  7. Poultrygeist replied to the thread North Carolina anyone?.

Before the split you capital was Charleston.

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:36 AM
  8. Poultrygeist liked MannyE's post in the thread What crazy "pseudo-science" tweak did you feel actually works?.

Only if it doesn't work. And if it doesn't work, it's probably because you lack faith!!!! :)

Oct 15, 2018 at 7:25 PM
  9. Poultrygeist replied to the thread How good are Class D amplifiers now?.

FleaWatt is a gifted builder of class D amps. He specialized in the Texas Instrument TPA3110, 3116 and 3118 chip boards. I use the past...

Oct 15, 2018 at 7:19 PM
  10. Poultrygeist replied to the thread What crazy "pseudo-science" tweak did you feel actually works?.

Sounds like pseudo science.

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:52 PM
  11. Poultrygeist replied to the thread How good are Class D amplifiers now?.

I've listened to my friend's dual mono Amp Camp Amps designed by Nelson Pass and prefer my Volt+D and it's not even close. FleaWatt who...

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:39 PM
  12. Poultrygeist replied to the thread How good are Class D amplifiers now?.

I've followed this thread from the beginning and noticed that the interest in the classDaudio offerings has really cooled off over the...

Oct 15, 2018 at 6:23 AM
  13. Poultrygeist replied to the thread What crazy "pseudo-science" tweak did you feel actually works?.

Painting a pattern of marks or dots on speaker cones is known as the EnABL process. Have no first hand experience but you can read all...

Oct 14, 2018 at 3:55 PM
  14. Poultrygeist replied to the thread How good are Class D amplifiers now?.

The first generation class D amps were introduced early this century. Still have mine and while reviews on these powerful lightweights...

Oct 14, 2018 at 2:26 PM
  15. Poultrygeist replied to the thread Open Baffle Epiphany!.

Yes I power both woofers with this $99 Yung SD100 plate amp placed in a wood frame. [IMG]

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:09 AM