1. powerman

Nice to be here

Welcome to AK and love your Mr Bill avatar
  2. powerman

Greetings from Tacoma

Hi Serria and welcome to Audiokarma
  3. powerman

JBL 4320 Modded with 077/2405 Tweeter - External Crossover Options

Can you tell which driver is not producing the required sound. As the box crossovers get old the fiber washers behind the binding posts break down and crack. Try and see if all the push posts are tight. If the speakers have been played at high levels all their life chances are the diaphragm in...
  4. powerman

Hey y'all, new to the hobby

Welcome to AK
  5. powerman

JBL 4648 vs 4645B

Those are legitimate JBL speaker models
  6. powerman

JBL 4648 vs 4645B

If you do not want to make your cabinets look for 4642A dual 2241H’s. I do not remember if JBL made a TCB with 2241H’s but did make it with 2240’s Model # 4688 or 4788.
  7. powerman

Hello from Nevada

Hello and welcome to AK
  8. powerman

Locanthi Prototype Horns

Yes mine are in black
  9. powerman

Need help diagnosing a problem with a JBL 128H woofer

Has a mass ring and it has come unglued. This happens most times due to over excursion and it hits the top plate which pops it loose. As said above you have to carefully cut around the dome to glue it back down. If it is your first time take it in so you do not damage. If you live in IL would...
  10. powerman

Need help diagnosing a problem with a JBL 128H woofer

Carefully tap on the dome and see if you hear the rattle. It might be a mass controlling ring came loose after over excursion.
  11. powerman

Barzilay with 001 load in the nouse.

Sensitivity Rated 103 db at 1Khz
  12. powerman

BETA Sound Mystery Speakers

It is enclosed
  13. powerman

The crossover has hand written 1001B on them
  14. powerman

We have the 1001B’s and there is not much info out
  15. powerman

Beta Sound model number

The model is a 1001B as can be seen on the crossover board I missed before. Company seem to make 6 different models from 1977 - 1981. This info came from Audio, Stereo Review, and High Fidelity buyers guide mags. Appear to be the same components that Klipsch used in various speakers. The woofer...
Back
Top Bottom