Recent content by Powertech

1. P

Measuring anti-skate lateral force

O.K. I now have to work out how to build this test rig. 0 10grammes measurement range should do. I'll be back.
  2. P

Realistic STA 2100 rising bias voltage

Precisely my 1st though when I read the OP. Great minds think alike.:)
  3. P

Printing Luxman L-100 Balance Ring

Looks like an excellent job. You should be proud of yourself.
  4. P

This post has come partly from interest and partly from frustration at finding virtually nothing out there which really defines this. All i get is 'setting up your turntable basics' giving a set the anti-skate the same as the VTF. That's all well and good, but my arm uses a line and weight, so...
  5. P

This is purely for discussion. Just out of interest I was thinking of setting up a lateral bias measuring system possibly using a very sensitive strain gauge. The question is - What should the bias force be? I presume that this world vary arms and cartridges of different effective masses, but is...
  6. P

Advice requested

The other thing to bear in mind is that it has a low mass tonearm which will work best with high compliance cartridges such as Ortofon OMs or Nags.
  7. P

Anti rocking system for TT on Dutch barge

The answer to me would be 3 sequential steel frames with gimbled bearings between them. Then have a very heavy weight hanging below the final inner frame. The inner frame would always remain level. The weight would counterbalance any rocking motion. It would look pretty cool too. A soft sprung...
  8. P

regulated -ive , ground , +ive voltage unbalanced after passing throug resistors with same value same circuit??

The voltage drop through a resistor is dependent upon current flow - Ohms law V=IR. So if the current draw by the circuitry from the positive and negative rails is slightly different the volt drop across the identical resistors will also be different. At 2 volts difference, I wouldn't worry...
  9. P

Cartridge hum

Just as a test, considering you appear to have some kind of hum loop problem, is to isolate the cartridge grounding from the tonearm grounding while stilll referencing both circuit to the same common connection point. This is just to try to determine what the issue actually is. With this in...
  10. P

Thorens TD-155 mit Ortofon OM-5

The OM5e should track at 1.75g.
  11. P

Hum from speakers when amp is plugged into a particular outlet.

What the OP was describing suggested some kind of grounding issue. There was a difference with one power outlet. What difference? Some amplifiers have an earthed chassis, so this might be showing up a difference of some kind with that particular power outlet. Might be worth checking out for...
  12. P

Questions about speaker placement and possibility of using different speakers in the same location.

The first thing I would do, if you can, is to put them on stands rather than place them on large resonant cabinets. You know that the worst place to place a bookshelf loudspeaker is on a bookshelf.
  13. P

Wharfdale Glendale 3xp tweeter

You are correct in that the Eagle tweeter is incorrect. Obviously these drivers are no longer available, but a quick search revealed a few on a well known auction site. Probably the best way to go.
  14. P

Hum from speakers when amp is plugged into a particular outlet.

If the amp needs an earth connection in it's power supply cable, that outlet may have an earth fault.
  15. P

Fun Factoid Of The Day

The tongue is the only muscle in the human body which is only attached at one end.
Back
Top Bottom