Recent content by premier72

1. P

ISO capstan for Sears 3440 r2r

Where could you find a missing capstan for this machine? It was made by Sanyo in 1968. Without the slide on capstan it will only do 1 7/8 speed. Great sounding little player for what it is. Thanks
  2. P

Lab 80 won't shut off after last record?

I have a Garrard Lab 80s mk 1 and plays great and sounds great but when playing in auto it will not shut off after the last record it will just start playing the last one. Rejects and stops when in manual mode but not in auto mode. I tried turning the eccentric screws mentioned in the service...
  3. P

Zenith electrostatic tweeter replacements?

What would be a modern day replacement for those Zenith electrostatic tweeters that they used in the 1950s? I have a Zenith HF16 that has two of them that are bad. Piezo tweeters maybe?
  4. P

Pioneer VSX-D557 doesn't power on?

I will have to call. This model doesn't have a ALC/Standard Surr button.
  5. P

I held down the AM/FM and the power but nothing.
  6. P

You mean AM/FM for band?
  7. P

Having a issue with this receiver. There is no power at all? Not even a standby light. Is it in protection mode from something? Is there a way to unlock it? It was working the other day. Nothing in the service manual to help either.
  8. P

Voice of Music model 62 and 64 speaker replacements?

The speakers look and feel nice still. Another possibility might be where the back panels are screwed on and the unreal amount of pressure you can feel even at low volumes has made them weak and where the seals have rotted away for the panels would make them distort?
  9. P

Voice of Music model 62 and 64 speaker replacements?

Has anyone ever had the woofer in these re coned or can you get a replacement for these models? They are the thin cabinet ones with the reversed magnet woofers.
  10. P

Zenith 2G tracking help

I found the screw and got it adjusted. It was dialed back almost out of sight. Had to feel with the screwdriver. Working good now. Thank you all for the help.
  11. P

Zenith 2G tracking help

It is the later one with the thin tone arm and narrow head shell.
  12. P

Zenith 2G tracking help

I can see a spring in there when I lift the arm but cannot see where it goes to adjust it?
  13. P

Zenith 2G tracking help

I have a 60s Zenith changer with the built in clamshell 45 adapter. But the arm is so light that it will not go down at all? The end is locked down but it still sticks up. How is the tracking pressure adjusted on these? Really nice changer. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
  14. P

Panasonic SG-999 Dial Lamp replacement.

Just got one of these and the dial and stereo indicator lights appear to be out. Has anyone ever replaced the bulbs in one of these models? Service manuals just mention two bulbs to replace but does not give what type to use?
  15. P

Vintage repair service in WV.

Looking for places in WV that can repair vintage tube and solid state gear. Just too much stuff to repair and would rather spend more time listening than repairing. Thanks for any input.
Back
Top Bottom