Recent content by quietcity

1. quietcity

Using a dp-300f headshell on a sl-1200 mk3d ?

Yeah get a technics or i would save till you can.
  2. quietcity

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Happy to see this is still going after all these years!
  3. quietcity

I'm In Love With Zooey Deschanel...

I laughed. :banana:
  4. quietcity

Thick and heavy disks sound nice.

I would say the mastering and the engineer that cuts the lacquer have 90% if not more to do with the sound than the weight of the vinyl. Sadly most of my 180g "audiophile" pressing sound terrible.
  5. quietcity

IMO of course :D YMMV :smoke:
  6. quietcity

So many things wrong with this thread not to mention its off topic. Pretty lame that you are alright with having a shitty sounding new press of an album. Ill leave it at that.
  7. quietcity

Thorens Super with Denon 110 SWEET

The Denon DL-110 comes vith a very thin 2 gram weight so it wont effect VTA. I believe the cartridge weighs in at 4.8 grams. Would 6.8 grams be too light for your SME tonearm?
  8. quietcity

First I want to say im sorry for not keeping up here at AK. Although I havent been here I have still been enjoying music on my technics. When i logged in and saw that this thread is going stronger than i ever could have imagined I was floored. I went from page 100 back to 84 and saw a list...
  9. quietcity

Dayton Speakers any good ?

I just replaced a blown pair of tweeters in my cerwin vega e312's with daytons and i cant be happier with them. Plus they were only 13 dollars a piece.
  10. quietcity

Audio Issue S's Hiss

I have found with an older stanton 500 that it was the cartridge itself that had sibilance issues. I would make sure your cartridge is aligned and you have correct tracking weight. Then if that doesnt work change your VTA like TOOBS said. If all else fails get a better cart.
  11. quietcity

Newly Milled Record Weight..

Thats really cool dude. Two questions 1. How much 2. Did you notice any difference in sound with it on and with it off?
  12. quietcity

Rotel rx-604 with scratchy volume pot and temperamental tuning (w/pic)

Anyone know what to do about tuner section?
  13. quietcity

Thanks socal sam, Ill look into mg chemicals.
  14. quietcity

So i guess the question is what would be a good fix to help out the volume potentiometer? The right channel cuts in and out unless i play with the knob a little bit. I assume if i clean the pot that this will go away? Another thing but not as important is the tuner seems to not like finding...
  15. quietcity

Totally diggin the slayer album dude. Ive been holding off on one cause of the price. Hows the sound quaility on these pressings?
Back
Top Bottom