Recent content by Raccoon1400

1. Raccoon1400

Anyone have success repairing a broken potentiometer?

Yeah but it is usually better to bridge with solder and a cut lead. Got a picture of what you are trying to fix?
  2. Raccoon1400

Pioneer SX-650 Tuner Issue

I've done lots of RF alignment and cleaning of tuner gangs. If it was that, I'd have this thing solved and on its way. That sort of stuff I can do easily enough. Diagnostics on the other hand, is where I get lost. I forget and would have to set that up again. But I got a good strong signal. If...
  3. Raccoon1400

Pioneer SX-650 Tuner Issue

I've got an SX-650 on the bench and FM is very very weak. The tuning meter swings around a bit. I managed to force a signal through it on the signal generator and tweak the RF alignment a bit. I managed to get the signal meter to deflect a few mm with the strongest signal the sencore could put...
  4. Raccoon1400

Dynaco ST-120 speaker coupling capacitors

I restored one of these recently and had to use smaller caps for the output caps. So I just replaced the wrapped wire with a new inductor. I'd found a schematic with the value. Schematic in post 2 here, showing the inductor as 10uH. I used that value without issue...
  5. Raccoon1400

What's the weirdest factory mistake you've found?

They would have to be VERY good at soldering. I've been doing this for a decade and I can resolder wires onto a pot plenty neatly, but to do it without leaving some evidence is a tall order. I can't imagine why someone would have swapped these two controls after the fact, but it is easy to...
  6. Raccoon1400

I had a Sansui 890db in here recently that had one channel out in just phono 2. Turned out there was a bridged solder connection on the ribbon cable that was soldered to the input jacks. Looked to be factory. It took me a bit longer than it should have to find that. Every time I get stuck on...
  7. Raccoon1400

As a design error or as an assembly error? This appears to have been an assembly error.
  8. Raccoon1400

This one had me scratching my head. I just finished restoring a Luxman L-100 and I noticed the bass was being cut when I engaged the tone section. I could even it out by turning the bass up to about 3-4 o'clock. I messed around for almost 2 hours trying to figure out what could be causing this...
  9. Raccoon1400

Celestion Ditton 25 Tweeter Impedance

Here's the schematic I have. I know the woofer impedance is wrong on here. But the HF1300 impedance is correct.
  10. Raccoon1400

Celestion Ditton 25 Tweeter Impedance

I'm rebuilding a pair of these, and both tweeters are blown. Replacement diaphragms are available, but I have a problem. I have no idea if I need the 4 or 8 ohm version. The Ditton 25 uses the HF2000 which exists in both impedances. The only thing I could find is a schematic someone drew up that...
  11. Raccoon1400

McIntosh MC2100 power on pop

I replaced the thermistors and the pop was better for a while, but now the client says it is getting bad again. Did the new thermistors really wear out that fast? Should I be adding a speaker relay to this thing?
  12. Raccoon1400

Dynaco PAS hum in one channel

Those two points are already connected by the traces?
  13. Raccoon1400

Dynaco PAS hum in one channel

Thanks for the reply. Was about to give up on this one. Neatened up the wiring a bit more and twisted those blue transformer wires. No change though. Here's the current pictures. Anything glaring that could still be the cause?
  14. Raccoon1400

Unobtanium power switch relay fix

I've probably done the triac mod well over 100 times by now.
  15. Raccoon1400

Is it worth replacing output trannys?

Ah, a thread from the good ol' days when the onsemi TO-3s were less than half the price they are now...
Back
Top Bottom