Recent content by random_noise

1. random_noise

What makes a tube "weak"

I've built more amps/preamps than I need, that I can tell you, and there are more to come. It's a very reliable machine, accurate without the need for any calibration. Very easy for matching tubes, there is a beta version of it's software that makes graphs of the measurements and allows for...
  2. random_noise

What makes a tube "weak"

Yeah it's not cheap, even more so nowadays I guess
  3. random_noise

What makes a tube "weak"

Yes, I got mine directly from them. send them an email for details
  4. random_noise

What makes a tube "weak"

I got this baby a few years ago, very powerful, especially when using the accompanying software http://www.tsakiridis-devices.com/test_evaluation_daedalos.html
  5. random_noise

New 76/12J5 Line Stage Preamp Build

oscillations can occur, depending on the capacitance it will "see" at the output. grid stoppers are useful too. good quality parts are always desirable (no snakeoil bs:biggrin:)
  6. random_noise

New 76/12J5 Line Stage Preamp Build

nice project i didn't get into the particulars of the schematic, but consider adding a 100-200ohm resistor in series on the output, to avoid any potential stability problems, it's generally a good idea with cathode followers do try to position the chokes at 90deg related to pt and each other if...
  7. random_noise

6dj8 / 6922 : Anyone familiar with common uses?

Nice score! I have built a DC coupled version of this: http://www.shine7.com/audio/6922_pre.htm Highly recommended, if you're interested in a line stage
  8. random_noise

Show us your flea-watts amps!

A couple of weeks ago I finished this pair of monos, 6w at 6ohm each, 6sl7/5998 pset
  9. random_noise

Dumbest thing someone has ever said to you?

A few years ago, a hi-end salesman told me, in quite a snobbish way, that when building a speaker, first we build the crossover and after that we choose drivers and cabinet:banana:. I feel sorry for his clients
  10. random_noise

Show us your flea-watts amps!

wow some really nice amps are being posted in here:beerchug: here is a future project of mine, got these "as is", maybe i'll do a point to point version of it edit: that's the most beautiful amp i've ever seen, may i ask for a schematic please?
  11. random_noise

New family members! (diy 300b monos)

thank you, i will look into it. at the moment i use a cheap dbx crossover
  12. random_noise

Thanks, the 300b and 211 amps are on a league of their own, I got surgical detail and an insane stereo image. Thanks, I also have built el34 pp, el84 pp, 807 se amps, an el34 pp guitar amp, plus line level stuff. What I need to build next, is a tube line level crossover for biamping.
  13. random_noise

Hi everyone, just want to share my first build for 2020, a pair of 300b monos, homegrown:D output transformers by Tsakiridis devices
  14. random_noise

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

It's two records, at 45rpm, which was a nice surprise:cool:
  15. random_noise

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

This. Highly recommended if you're into jazz, excellent production, sounds amazing.:thumbsup:
Back
Top Bottom