• Hello RandyRhoads1981

Can you send me the manual copy that you got for the teac AX-10

Just cant get it to work for me :(

My email is robcuypers@outlook.com

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Rob
    Cue mode is up.

The capstan should move up and down freely without that arm. If it does not, then you need to rebuild that assembly. Fairly simple to do, actually.
    Tom, yes it is called the main belt. Running the machine will sometimes "unstick" the arm assembly, but mostly it just lengthens the time it takes before the symptom shows up in the first place. The real cure is to disassemble the pinch roller arm assembly (at the pivot bearing) and clean out all the old grease. Relube with machine oil. Best -- Fred
    Yes, I have a couple of those.

The cue lever is the one on the right, under the pinch roller.

Your tape is sheddy. Buy new tape. Also, clean the transport thoroughly (levers, capstan, heads, tape lifters). Ampex 456 is notorious for this problem. Being sealed means nothing, it will still shed like crazy. It is bad tape.

I'll try to get some stuff together....I don;t have much good stuff...but to practice on, it's all right.
    About the squeaky sound....I have the same problem with my A3340S....Ill keep you posted about the progress on that front.

The speed differences are normal in all modes with tape off.

Your tape could be sticky shed.

Also, chec if the Cue lever is up or down....try to move it down...that cure some problems and prevent headwear.

If you would like, I'll send you some known good tape to play with...soon as I get money to ship stuff.
    Hey.

I've got 2 of them, as you know.

Might be getting two more in a few weeks.

One of mine has some issues with breaking tapes, when coming out of rewind, but the heads were professionally replaced in 1984, and it was probably used to run maybe 3 or 4 tapes since then, up until I ran about 10 through it to see what they were. My other one has a squeaky something or other, but that is promised to a friend already. Sorry.

We'll see what becomes of my 3340S. What's wrong with yours? I might be able to help you fix it as I go through my 3340S....

I do like the A7030....I have an A6010 here (same transport, just 7") that I cannot figure out.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom