Recent content by Rangefinder

1. R

Hello-I used to be a Dynaco SCA-35

Yes there was little tricks to doing lacing and we all knew them. It brings back memories.
  2. R

stereo geeks, SHOW US YOUR WORKSHOPS!!!!!

I must say how impress I am with the quality and quantity of instrumentation shown in the photos. Very professional gang. I'm living in a "senior" apartment. Unfortunately that means not enough room to swing a dead cat. Some time ago I built a bench 2'x 7'x 40" high bench but due to lack of...
  3. R

What was TOTL or SOTA the year you were born?

Have we any historians on board? I haven't the foggiest. For reference it was the winter of 1934.
  4. R

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Well, I like cats as much as anyone else BUT this is thread is 5 years old. I have cat photos to melt your heart, But... Why is it being listed as a new today posting. I get very tired of clicking on a "today" posting and finding that it is a thread on some Mickey Mouse subject which is 8...
  5. R

What's your situation like?

What can I say. I have lived and worked in the greater San Francisco all my life. In the 60s starting in SF and heading south on 101 towards San Jose you couldn't go barely a mile without running into a Hifi /audio store. Going off into the various neighborhoods would bring you into more stores...
  6. R

Left the hatch on my wagon open last night with a tube amp sitting in the back

:thmbsp:Figured someone with a sniper rifle was waiting.... ____ We can only hope.....______________
  7. R

Tube Mono tuner and turntable

Rekokut--- Check out esotericsound.com . They seem to have a lot of vintage Rekokut stuff. I found a manual there that I'd not seen anywhere else. Be sure to check out all of the categories..
  8. R

A couple of my systems photos

Rumble Put some spikes on that stand and the rumble will be tamed.
  9. R

Let's see your unique Stereo Cabinets and Entertainment Centers!

Resize - Resize - Resize I get tired having to keep scrolling and moving all over the screen just to view the nice photos. As a result the content is lost. Not to mention the toll on 78 yo hands...so RE SIZE PLEASE !!!!
  10. R

I don't like new solder, the joints look too dry, any suggestions?

:thumbsdn:In the case of electronic solder, that lead-free stuff was the result of ill-advised do-gooders looking to solve a problem that didn't exist. Right On. Just had to do a repair on a no lead PCB. What a bitch. Don't know what'll happen when the parts come....
  11. R

Magnifying Lamp: Anybody Using One?

The originator of the ring/magnifier was Luxo. It had 2X magnification and was reasonable enough at the time. Different lenses are available. I bought the first one in the late '60s when I was 35, still using it. Have since picked up a couple more from the surplus shop joints. The lamp used...
  12. R

Rodrigues Cartoons

1 used copy of "total Harmonic Distortion" available on Amazon for $$$ 199.
  13. R

Can you remember your local hi fi store when you was a teen?

No Such Luck ! When I was a teenager there was no such thing as a Hi Fi store. Maybe an Arvin radio from the local Hardware. The Stuff that brings all the Ooos an Ahhhs now I witnessed on the Dealers shelf when new.:yes: Pacific Stereo came later . Still have an EV 1144 that I bought used from...
  14. R

Scream At It Needed

I'm pulling my EV 1144 amp out of storage to use with the Laptop. I intend to check the the caps and other components for needed replacement.The PDF service manual I downloaded shows "0" on PC1, 2, 3 or 4 W/ no parts list on same.:thumbsdn: Somewhere there is a hard copy in the file but...
  15. R

Talking about soldering irons...

Never - Never - :nono:Never use a file on an iron clad tip. Most all are today. On a copper tip Drake certainly. When I started there were no Iron clad tips and tip filing was the first thing done in the morning followed by re tinning. I have a Weller soldering station of a type that I have...
Back
Top Bottom