Recent content by raycarr00

1. raycarr00

B&K ST-140 RECAP BOM

I'd note the changes, as they might be updates from a different schematic( or factory changes not mentioned)and might negatively alter the functioning. Been there.
  2. raycarr00

B&K ST-140 RECAP BOM

try to match them.
  3. raycarr00

McIntosh MC275 MK VI Clone

I run a hair drier over it...quick dry and keeps lettering, etc from coming off. the high water content might also cause it to act-up.
  4. raycarr00

Nobsound E6 Preamp Uses Directly Heated Tubes

was looking for more treble and found that by bringing up the 1uf poly caps to nearly 13uf, the treble improved considerably. still, could use a bit more. will try bringing it up a tad more. now, I can hear the flutists take deep breaths and the crowds are clearer in concert music. trumpets are...
  5. raycarr00

What's The Last Thing That You Put Into Your Mouth?

rice(white/ garlic), beans(chick peas olives...), chicken( Louisans spices in air fryer). forgot to add salt to the rice! rating: 5
  6. raycarr00

Yamaha NS-1000M Voice coil replacement - Where?

1"VCL TITANIUM Dome Diaphragm For YAMAHA NS-1000 Tweeter JA0513 8Ωm. Titanium not beryllium. Might as well get the real deal tweeter. Looks like there are more than usual available from Japan. Used.
  7. raycarr00

Yamaha NS-1000M Voice coil replacement - Where?

replacement voice coils for Yamaha NS-1000M tweeters. Just saw them on the bay from China. Beryllium. Affordable.
  8. raycarr00

Yet another franken dynaco amp ( this one is a monster)

LMFAO! Don't know what I liked more, the monster amp or the cow bell. You guys are crazy.
  9. raycarr00

after about 7 hours of continuous play(yesterday), the excessive bass diminished and the treble improved a bit. All parallel caps were removed(no change). will continue testing; figure to just apply a cap at low volume to the existing smd caps and listen for a change. it's quiet and clear. just...
  10. raycarr00

No microphonics yet, with either tubes. Just no treble. Russian tubes did sound better to me. I've paralleled caps to several caps, but with no significant changes. Added/ paralleled one to the tubes, but have yet to test it. Have new caps coming in. Will hear, then.
  11. raycarr00

tube alignment can be easily determined by a tab on the top of the tube. the tab corresponds to the location of the 2 pins.
  12. raycarr00

on the second e5, the sound was also flat and hardly any bass. after swapping the tubes from the first e6 to the 2nd, the bass is back and there's a bit more treble. seems like the tubes are having a significant effect on the sound(no kidding!).
  13. raycarr00

Just got a second e6 and I'm in the process of slowly powering it up with a variac. Noticed that before reaching 50v, it emitted a clicking sound. On the first e6 I purchased, I did not hear the clicking. But come to think of it, I was hearing a clicking sound and while playing it. Just didn't...
  14. raycarr00

I just add a few uf's directly to the existing caps and listen for results. I try to avoid unsoldering caps to minimize damage until I've decided on a valve I like; sound wise. I haven't opened up the one I have, but I would determine what caps go to the tubes and start adding and listening...
  15. raycarr00

Good to know. Does it, or did it have, plenty of treble? I don't have an adequate amount; it's flat or muffled. Tons of bass. Waiting for Russian tubes to arrive. Might need caps that are in spec. using 3amp pwr supply.
Back
Top Bottom