Recent content by rbtstock

1. R

Thorens TD-160-Micro Switch issue

Thanks again Gadget73, ill try again. Regards Robert
  2. R

No, same prognosis, the motor will not shut off, I tested both sides, I think I will just try and replace both capacitors, any ideas on where I can source these two capacitors, and the specs as Im not a technician, Im a DIY'r, and some of the lettering is rubbed off of the yellow capacitors on...
  3. R

Thanks gadget73, I'll do as suggested and see if it resolves the issue. best regards
  4. R

I just swapped out the motor on my Thorens TD-160, and it's running smoothly – no wobbling, which is great. However, I'm encountering an issue with the microswitch. Even when I turn the lever to activate it, the turntable keeps running and doesn't shut off as expected. I've attempted to adjust...
  5. R

Electronics supply store recommendations?

This will be my next visit,BTW I visited Mar-Vac in. Costa Mesa, they have ample supply of almost everything you would need for repairs or rebuild, its a nice store and the. prople are very helpful, thanks to everyone that responded.
  6. R

Thorens TD-160 Motor replacement- "HELP"

Thanks, Ill give those suggestions a try, prior to going any further, much appreciated, gadget73:
  7. R

I received the motor from rkay5, great guy!, now when I plug it in it spins, but I can't get it to stop when I move the top plate lever, what would be the first thing I should check, I was thinking the microswitch might be shot?
  8. R

Thanks Mar-vac and TAW sound like what im looking for, I'll check them out, huge thanks to everyone, keep spinning those discs!
  9. R

I hope this email finds you well, I just acquired a Dual 1229, I would like you to go through...

I hope this email finds you well, I just acquired a Dual 1229, I would like you to go through and replace any worn parts, and parts that look suspect, please let me know how to contact you, phone number would be good, talk soon Best regards Robert
  10. R

Seth (NoTransistors) Is Phenomenal!!!

Wow, and I was getting ready to send my tt to FMD, not with stories like these, no no , can't take a chance with my TT, do you have a contact number for seth?
  11. R

No transistors (seth)

Does anyone know the contact information for Seth at "No transistors", he seems to be heavely recommended as a TT technician, however I googled his name and business and there is no contact information, also some confusion as to his location, any help would be appreciated?
  12. R

I live in Los Angeles County, and would like to find an electronics supply store either in L.A., Orange county or even the I.E. a store that would have caps, switches and other items needed to do a rebuild, any recommendations? Thanks in advance
  13. R

Yes Please let me know, how I can get the motor, Im interesred, here is my personal email: robert@rbtadvisor.com
  14. R

Rkay5, how much would shipping be. to West Covina 91792?, id like to buy. the motor, if you...

Rkay5, how much would shipping be. to West Covina 91792?, id like to buy. the motor, if you think it would work for me on the TD-160, let me know and I can Pay pal you? Regards Robert
  15. R

Has anybody tried a Soundsmith cartridge?

I had a Shelter 501-lll, retipped about 4 years ago and Soundsmith did an exceptional job, true craftsmen of the trade, very pleased, I called and Pete Lederman. answered the phone, and started talking shop with me, dont get this guy started, he's a one of a kind walking encyclopedia on...
Back
Top Bottom