Recent content by RebelKat

1. RebelKat

JVC r-S7 any info/opinions on quality/comparables

I had a buddy of mine gift me his old R-S7 a few years ago. I had been using a Pioneer Sx-780 at the time, and swapped it out with the JVC to see what it could do... The Pioneer never made it back. The JVC sounded better, with more punch and a tighter bottom end than the Sx-780, and the...
  2. RebelKat

Trashed stylus — how did you react?

Those are cool as hell! Thank you. I wish there was one of these to hold a dozen or so so I didn't have to buy 5 or them, but very cool option.
  3. RebelKat

What I learned on Craigslist

Today I learned that a pair of Large Advents with both woofers replaced with hacked-in sony Xplod car woofers are a "Big Upgrade" ..and now "They Pound". Shut up and take my money! Or not.
  4. RebelKat

Trashed stylus — how did you react?

I have a little drawer container I keep headshells and carts in for swapping out... closed incorrectly one day and yanked the tip out of a Compass Bronze I had very few hours on. I was so upset! LOL Still looking for a better safer storage option.
  5. RebelKat

Philips 777 turntable start/stop glitch

Did you ever find a fix for this? I have an AF-729 mk II with the same issue.
  6. RebelKat

Philips AF-729 Mk II

Did you find the solution for this? I just picked up this same table and it has that same issue!
  7. RebelKat

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Die Antwoord "Ten$ion" (Zef Recordz, 2012)
  8. RebelKat

most creative album covers

This one's been mentioned. but without pictures. So here's Twisted Sister "Come Out And Play"
  9. RebelKat

most creative album covers

Whew! I read all through tis thread, but didn't see this one posted...I probably missed it. The Who "Who By Numbers"
  10. RebelKat

Seeking albums that sound GREAT.

Grace Jones's "Warm Leatherette" LP is recorded exceptionally well, punchy and dynamic. It sounds great!
  11. RebelKat

Tuna in a can,what to add ?????

Some great variations here! I'll do basically the same...Mayo (Duke's), Chopped celery and onion, pickle relish, and a splash of red wine vinegar.
  12. RebelKat

Coffee

Wow, Some of you are hardcore! I'm still starting my mornings with Chock Full 'o Nuts in my classic Revereware 4-cup Drip-o-lator. When I make coffee, I don't want the water touching anything but stainless steel. Oh, I got a bag of those Seattle's Best beans a while back and really enjoyed that...
  13. RebelKat

Hot Dogs

I like my doggers boiled in beer, with a bit of ketchup, mustard and pickle relish. Otherwise, Chili and cheese.
  14. RebelKat

Scroes You Passed on Because Quarantine?

Been using Peavey and Hartke amps and cabinets for most of my musical career and they are workhorses. Worth every penny I spent on them, and I get plenty of compliments on my tone. If you had any real experience with those brands, you'd probably know how to spell them.
  15. RebelKat

JVC QL-7 Turntable; unstable speed

I also have a ql-7 that runs fine for a short time but then accelerates the speed very quickly. I've heard these tables are known for "runaway" speed issues, but it can be solved by a recap and changing the 4 variable resistors. How did the recap go for you? Was it pretty straight-forward or...
Back
Top Bottom