Recent content by reneborg

1. R

Yamaha A-1--- Nakamichi RE-2 --- Pioneer SA-8500 Shoot Out

Yes I do have the A-1. It still sounds great, but its place in my main listening system has been supplanted by a refurbished Yamaha M-4 amplifier controlled by a Yamaha C-4 and sometimes a C-85. Both the M-4 & C-4 have been to the Avionic electronics refurbishment spa, but the A-1 is still as...
  2. R

Cartridge For Thorens TD-160 MKI?

I have a TD 166 and it sounds wonderful with an Ortofon OM-30 cartridge. You can still purchase a new OM-10 or 20 and upgrade the stylus later on if you like the performance.
  3. R

Can I just say that....

That's certainly a gorgeous table, and even better is the fact that you enjoy its sound. I have an LT-20 that I like very much, it was king of the hill around here until a Sota Sapphire took the crown. However, just like you John, I do appreciate the convenience of pushing a button (and arm...
  4. R

Happy Birthday, crackerkorean!

Happy Birthday, Mike !!!!
  5. R

40 years of STEREOPHILE top 100

I guess it's partly a function of how many decades I've been alive. I've got a few of the listed items, some purchased brand new when they were 'current' products and a couple I've acquired used. Spica TC-50 Sota Sapphire Advent 300 Receiver NAD 3020 Int. Amp
  6. R

Did your Parents Music shape your Tastes?

I grew up in a household where my parents listened (and danced) to a wide variety of music. Records and radio stations played ranged from classical, opera, pop, Son, Mambo, and other afro-carribean styles, to Motown, Sinatra, and more. My dad loved female vocalists, while my mom has a great...
  7. R

It's time for SECRET SANTA 2011! OFFICIAL SIGN-UP THREAD HERE

I'm IN! It's a lot of fun figuring out a good present for your recipient as well as awaiting the arrival of yours. thanks for doing this, Ernie!
  8. R

Best Tuner Ever??

@jhoyt -- What are you planning to do to your T-85? I love my T-85 and wonder what can be done to tweak it.
  9. R

New toy inbound

Wow, that looks cool! So it mates with the C-6 you say ... is that a pyramid shape too? what's it look like?
  10. R

What did you do to your stereo today?

what I've been doing to my system Lately I've been doing some A/B ing of grear ... --comparing some phono cables -- two different Avantiaudio cable versions compared to an Audioquest cable (model not certain) that I got with my Sota/Sumiko rig. --comparing a used CD player -- NAD s500i vs...
  11. R

What did you do to your stereo today?

when I first read this (without seeing the pics), I wondered if the pebbles were part of the equipment or the listener. :scratch2: now that I've seen the pics, I realized the confusion was all in my mind :D
  12. R

Where is everyone sending there yamaha gear?

I've been happy with Avionic's work on my Yammie gear. As far as I know, he's not a tuner guy (that calls for specialized equipment). Aren't you near Iowa, Justin? That's where Dave is located.
  13. R

C-80 Phono stage

It's not a C-80, but I've been comparing my Hagerman Bugle to my C-4 and C-70s phono sections and I don't think the Bugle is as good as my C-4's. Two other friends and I did a 'shoot out' and although the Bugle was well liked by all three of us, we felt it was bettered by the C-4 and the Grado...
  14. R

Happy birthday Buglegirl!

Best wishes on your birthday!
  15. R

For you Mitsu TT Owners...

Pio -- if you send me an email address I can email you that catalogue - I just downloaded it. BTW, there was some notice on their site that an upgrade in forum software means that some users have to reset passwords, etc. Maybe that's what you took as being 'exiled'
Back
Top Bottom