Recent content by retreatwi

1. R

Value of Infinity RS 2.5 speakers

I haven't seen an updated value for these speakers if they were in excellent condition. Thanks
  2. R

No sound from woofers in RS 2.5

Here's a picture of the caps in question. The three together are 25 MFD. The single is 75. I don't have the skillset to do the testing that was asked. I'm sorry.
  3. R

You're correct. Both woofers don't work while in the cabinets. I see what you're saying about those three caps. The other speaker doesn't have those. Here is the other crossover. Now you got me wondering about the crossovers, so I found some on ebay and mine are different. I did find a pair on...
  4. R

I will try my best and report back tonight.
  5. R

Yes, both voice coils tested the same. Could it be a bad capacitor? The black wire is attached to the cap on the right, and the red wire to the cap above it.
  6. R

Yes, the jumpers are installed and tight. I should have mentioned that.
  7. R

I picked up a pair of RS 2.5 speakers. They are in pretty good shape but there isn't any sound coming from the woofers. All other drivers work. I pulled the woofers and both play when connected directly to the amp. There isn't anything obvious like broken solder or loose wires. Any suggestions...
  8. R

Looking for info on Altec Lansing AB8500 subwoofer

Thanks you all. I appreciate your knowledge.
  9. R

Looking for info on Altec Lansing AB8500 subwoofer

Does anybody know the model of the woofers? Is this unit of good quality or more like a subwoofer a DJ would use in a club? Thanks
  10. R

Is it wrong to not use putty to seal old AR speakers?

I'll post my progress. I'm hoping for oil-filled caps. I'm going to practice removing the woofer on another AR2a that has a bad cabinet before I tackle the good pair.
  11. R

Is it wrong to not use putty to seal old AR speakers?

I have a pair of AR2a speakers that I'm going to open up and do the L pads and caps. Is it necessary to use putty to reseal the drivers or can a foam gasket be used? Thanks.
  12. R

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I tested the speakers last night. All the drivers work. The pots are a little scratchy. Here are some pics. I need to repair the cracks in the woofers and straighten out the screens on the tweeters.
  13. R

I'll see what I can do about pictures soon. I'll test them too so I can tell you what's what.
  14. R

I picked up a pair of JBL 4312A speakers for $20 at the Goodwill yesterday. Cabinets are in pretty good condition. Each woofer has a cracked diaphragm. I haven't had a chance to test them yet.
  15. R

Infinity Q’s on ATL CL - $80

I've tried all day to contact the guy. No response yet.
Back
Top Bottom