Recent content by Rex Everything

1. Rex Everything

Allen Organ Contemporary Console

We tested out amps like BmWr75 posted but not like this console. Surprised this didn't have one of the stereo amps they made for the organs.
  2. Rex Everything

Dug out my first real stereo tube amp

Loved my 1448. First stereo tube amp I redid and modded while at a Twangfest way back when. Still on loan to friend/member until he decides he no longer wants it.....6AQ5 is a very nice little tube.
  3. Rex Everything

Weber WS1 in a Dynaco ST70 without modification?

Can't a thermistor be added at a/c in for soft start? Like a CL80 or 90?
  4. Rex Everything

7591 tubes: What's the difference here?

I guess I've never noticed the flying saucer getters on US production 7591 tubes. I'll have to go check and see if I have any Sylvania 7591's.
  5. Rex Everything

7591 tubes: What's the difference here?

Shouldn't the getter have a hole in it? Looks like a Russian "flying saucer" getter which strikes odd with the "Fisher" print on the base...
  6. Rex Everything

preamp suggestion for this tube amp

Pictures or the back please
  7. Rex Everything

Old Gibson amp working but requiring some work in Devon... (Vanguard GA77 RVT)

We're a visual lot around these parts....Post up some pics of what you have going on....
  8. Rex Everything

Multi-cap cans - always replace??

Excellent customer service and the fact that I can get cans made to the exact height and diameter as the ones I'm replacing is another reason I like Hayseed
  9. Rex Everything

Question: Where to find good replacement for 60uf-450V axial Capacitor ???

https://anatekinstruments.com/products/axial-electrolytic-capacitor-60uf-450v?variant=42260430946555&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&srsltid=AfmBOoopXlHM0xRBWFHZcShHRo3xlRkoPQn9VSf3fexKOc6nAO0DZbx1cmQ
  10. Rex Everything

Removing labels on Heathkit amps and transformers

Naptha...or better known as lighter fluid...safe enough to remove tape from a paper poster, should be fine here
  11. Rex Everything

Another ID these mono amps.

The mirror imaging also.
  12. Rex Everything

That may be a good place to ask for finding origin. I don't think it's silk-screening iirc. I think it's waterslide decals but could be wrong. They are no longer here to look at...
  13. Rex Everything

This is interesting as I was told they came from SF area or north of there when I purchased them. Any idea of how long they have been around?
  14. Rex Everything

They are and have been been set up for a quad of kt88/6550/6l6.... One has been modded to use one 5687 an the two 5751's and wired in Pentode. These amps are homebrew/commissioned stuff. Not factory.
Back
Top Bottom